☆77☆

"Do you really think I didn't see that?"

Younghyun smirked as he stuffed his mouth with another churro. Jae rolled his eyes, letting him carry on.

Younghyun was eating the churros, but it was Jae that ordered them, and the elder had even eaten one yet and there were two left.

Typical.

"You let me have them because you love me," Younghyun said around the churro crammed in his mouth, only just managing to make it decipherable.

The two of them were sat in the park, opposite each other at a table in the middle of the hustle. People rushed by them in a blur of stressed colours and cold emotions. Jae pulled his denim sherpa jacket tighter around him as the chill bit through him. The view around them was breathtaking, but the air was filled with the strong aroma of frying foods; Younghyun liked it, Jae didn't really. He just liked the food.

Now normally, Jae would have replied with a snarky comment with his mouth twitching into a mischievous smirk however this time, he was too focused on the incredulity of it all.

How everything led up to now.

How he got so goddamn lucky.

And I know that that's cliché as fuck, but let's face it - everyone has a soft spot for overused love. And as much as we all deny it, we want to experience it one day. *Wretches*

So, Jae was too caught up in his thoughts to reply. His hand reached out a churro as he stared off into space, nonchalantly nibbling on the end of it. The navy cap on his head held most of his hair down, but a small strand fluttered from the breeze. It twisted this way and that, like it was trying to free itself.

It dropped in front of Jae's eyes but still he didn't break from his trance. It took until Younghyun waved his hand in front of his face and called his name multiple times before he got a response.

"Huh?" Was the first thing Jae said.

"You blanked out on me." Younghyun pushed his lips out in a pout but eventually broke out into a wide and fond smile. He drummed his fingers against the glossed collapsible table littered with coffee stains.

Jae laughed. "Sorry," he apologised.

Whilst he was distracted, Younghyun took the opportunity to take the last churro. The cinnamon sugar floated down to his lap and coated his fingers. Jae stared at him in slight disappointment, his mouth parted slightly and his tongue poked the inside of his cheek. Younghyun responded to the silence with a chuckle and a cheeky grin.

Jae purses his lips. So much for being hungry.

Eventually, Younghyun grew tired of Jae's whines and went and bought him a whole new portion of the yummy snacks. Jae's face lit up when he came back, the box in hand along with a bottle of water.

"Jae, could you and Younghyun take Avery shopping at some point? She needs some things for school and also some new clothes but I don't have the time." Jae's mum spoke over the dinner table, laden with spaghetti bolognese.

Jae glanced to Younghyun, who smiled.

"Yeah, sure. Do you want us to, Ave?" He turned to the little girl sitting happily beside him. Her hair was pulled back for the first time since Jae and Younghyun arrived, leaving her full face on show.

"Yeah!" She exclaimed, grinning from ear to ear. She had a splash of sauce on her chin, which Jae wiped of carefully before winking at her. She giggled, leaning forward in her chair.

"Brian, will you come too?" She asked, appearing around Jae to look up to Younghyun.

He held back a chuckle and nodded, "Of course."

When Avery had reoccupied herself with her food, Younghyun leant over to Jae's ear and whispered, "She reminds me of someone."

Jae took a moment to process the statement, but soon turned around to slap Younghyun's arm before acting as if it never happened. His parents glanced at them suspiciously but upon seeing Younghyun's innocent face and Jae's warning face, they silently agreed not to ask. Just let them get on with it.