☆66☆

Back in the hospital.

Younghyun and Jae sat in a private room, neither of them really saying much.

Jisung had been wheeled away about 30 minutes ago. After constant nudges from both the doctors and his friends, he'd finally decided to have surgery to have stents opened in the blocked artery.

It was a minor surgery, so realistically Jae and Younghyun had nothing to worry about- but stents are only temporary. Cholesterol could still build up around the stents, and by that point they'd be useless again.

Which is why Younghyun had also been handed a sheet full on both sides of food that his brother should avoid. The thing is, Younghyun was sure he'd seen Jisung binge all of these foods at least three times.

He sighed, putting the paper down and rubbing his temple. He felt Jae rubbing his hand gently with the intent of comfort and smiled gratefully at him.

"Thanks for coming," he said, a croak evident in his choked voice.

He went to turn away but Jae replied.

"He's gonna be okay. We can take care of him."

Younghyun's heart soared at we. The two of them were already basically inseparable and Jae had quickly been 'adopted' by Jisung and Younghyun's father as his favourite son (in law).

Jae saw Younghyun's conflicted thoughts and tenderly planted a sweet kiss to the younger's forehead. When he leaned back, Younghyun instantly leaned his head against his shoulder, sighing a deep sigh and shutting his eyes.

Twenty minutes later, the door of the private room burst open, and in came a loopy looking Jisung, apparently slightly high from the drugs the doctors used. He grinned at them and tried to lift his head, pouting when he felt the dull pain and groaning when he set it down again on the pillow.

Jae and Younghyun couldn't help but laugh at his comical appearance. He looked so tired but so eager to jump out of the bed and take flight. When Jisung voices this desire, he was met with sighs and shakes of the head that demanded bed rest for al the next twelve hours, then he could go home.

The two older boys insisted that they stay, which the nurses eventually gave in to. At around five o'clock, Father Kang came in from work, having been worried out of his mind all day. It took a while for him to be fully convinced that the minor surgery went well, and even then he developed a habit of asking Jisung how he was feeling every thirty seconds.

Minho came in at some point too, hugging Jisung briefly before pulling up yet another chair and sitting as close to him as he could. There were moments where they held hands, but they never looked at each other in that way, or acknowledged each other besides when one was talking. Jae studies this carefully, wracking his brain to find the answer. God knows what's going on between those two.

Jisung was asked to stay overnight and leave in the morning - which would've been 24 hours after his stent implant - he'd requisitioned that his brother and Jae go home for the night, and in his state, as much as the two didn't want to go, they couldn't really go against him.

They found some reassurement when Minho revealed that he was going to stay with Jisung, but also in the back of their heads a suspicion arose. Jae smirked when he said that, and Younghyun raised an eyebrow to which Jisung smiled coyly.

The older ones left the kids alone. They just hoped they wouldn't come back in the morning to the two of them being in a worse state than they'd left them in.

Lol when I first researched coronary heart disease I found out just enough to write what I needed to write about it. Then a day or two later I'm told we're doing a whole syllabus' worth on it in biology oop 😂