20 Cakes

(A/n: Continuation from the what if the story, Enjoy~)

2 months passed, I got recognized a little around the places like Whitechapel and Boston. I don't know how I only help people around. Just so you know, I only go out when I'm not in training. After the incident of spending the day with my mind inside Jacob's body, of course, they told me it's forbidden to go to someone else's body unless it's NECESSARY.

Now they're becoming stricter than the last time, aside from the incident I recently go out of training without permission. I mean for Jacob, he's cool with it but when I went out for the third time, that's where he stops me. Unfortunately, I didn't listen to his cocky tone, despite he called me 'irresponsible'. That little traitor, he even told everyone including Altair and now I have no one on my side. Not just the assassins who banned me going out even the Templars, It's understandable that Haytham is strict but Shay- he's a nice lad however he needs to obey for one of my- strict rules.

Recently during training, I was drowsy day by day. No one knows why I got hit by Ezio while we were sparring. Altair notices that I wasn't paying attention and my eyes were starting to close themselves. He beckons me and asked: "You look sluggish, what happened?"

"I'm not sure either, probably I was reading books lately. You know, to learn more about you, the other assassins, around the world, you get what I mean." I explained that to him and he sighed and facepalmed.
He removed his hand, "From now on, no more reading books. You'll get sluggish even more during your training." He pointed.

I shrug off, "okay." I replied calmly, grabbing the stick and head back to Ezio for more sparring. Altair got a little suspicious on my answer, "Odd. I thought she would be devastated," He reckoned. "I have a bad feeling." Someone mumbled from behind and walk towards Altair, seeing a female twin looking serious. "What makes you believe that, Miss Frye?" He asked. "If what she said is true, then there should be a lot of books in her room. But not a single book was there." Evie explained. Altair's dark eyebrows furrow with confusion and glance at me, thinking what was I actually doing in the room.

That night everyone's knocked out around 9 - 10 PM from what I think, I get up and dress like someone else. I open the window slowly I etched out my left leg first before the other than the whole body. I closed the window carefully without making any noises and a quiet 'thunk' in the end. I turned away and look down, I took a deep breath and jump. There is no haystack beneath me because it's just 2 meters high, I landed hard but not enough to break my legs. I'm such a rebel.

I walk away from Davenport Manor, it's pretty late though I need to get some fresh air. I turn around and look at the manor looks huge from far away, speaking of home I wonder how long have I been gone. I keep thinking about going home not unless I find my phone, Chewie, and miikun. I will miss this place, the people as well.

2 hours later, I'm in New York. I didn't realize that probably I've been thinking a lot. I'm walking and I see one guy having a hard time selling cakes. "Why is he selling those in the middle of the night?" I wonder. I looked around, every civilian, guards, and politicians are having a good time drinking in pubs and no one pays attention to the seller. I feel bad for the fellow, I walk up to him "Do you need any help-?" The moment I saw his face, he looks like one of my best friends back at my place. I stopped and almost slid because of the mud, I maintained my balance. "You okay, Miss?" He asked. "Yeah, I'm alright." I nodded.

"What are you doing here, miss?"

"Ah, just wandering around and needed some fresh air," I told him. "I see. Are you going to leave right now?" He asked. "Actually, I noticed you're having a hard time selling your cake."

"Yes! I am selling 20 cakes with different flavors. Sadly, no one wants it."

"Why is that?" He looks at me with a frown on his face. "Well, you know what people like today, women, wine, pubs. That's their thing, you know?"