How to be brave

Author's note:

This is a modern AU Oneshot of Shay x 'Female' Reader,

Warning before you read; Creepy men hitting on a 19-year-old girl.

A little fluff, enjoy!

Shay's POV

Before the confrontation:
- in the Facebook messenger -

(Y/n): Shay, you there?

Me: Yes, I'm here. Just doing my work, what's up lass?

(Y/n): I've got something to tell you though, a serious thing.

Me: tell me, lass. I'm here.

- skip to the story -

(Y/n) started working as a barista in a coffee shop, 2 days ago she encountered a very uncomfortable situation almost every woman goes through on a daily basis. Here's a little story on how she stood up for herself. (Y/n) told me this,

A group of middle-aged men approached (y/n) and you know- creepy men. They just had to tell her that she's beautiful and all, very few taking of compliments and asked for a picture of her. At least that's okay, I'm not sure. However, that's where they crossed a thin line. Between appreciation and deliberately trying to get something from a woman like (y/n), one of the grown men gives (y/n) his calling card and asked her to text him.

She threw it right after, that's when (y/n) messaged while I was working the day after. The notification sound alerted me knowing someone sent me a message turns out it's my girlfriend "Shay, are you there?" She asked, "Yeah, I'm here. Just doing my work, what's up lass?" I replied with a question at the end, "I've got to tell you something. A serious thing." The word serious means something happened, I immediately replied back to her. " Tell me, lass. I'm here." I'm not sure what happened but I'm worried at the same time.

(Y/n) told me everything that happened, I was going to text her until she sent me this in 2 words, "They're back." My heart pounds like a horse galloping, I waited for a minute or 2 for her to reply. I asked, "anything happened?" Then three dots appeared on the bottom left of my phone screen, she sent a message it's not too long or anything. I read it and I could tell she's scared in that tone,

" The old guy asked for my Facebook account. Could you come over so I'll feel safe around you while I eat my lunch? I hope it's alright for you."

I have to think about what to do when I get to her store, a simple idea came to me and I replied yes. So I came over there, not to throw hands or anything but to be there for (y/n). As soon as she sees me she felt relief except for the guys she told me about are there, pointing at her. I could hear them saying, " She's so young yet, she's good. " the tone sounds a little lustful, but damn I wanted to unleash my Irish fists at him, however (y/n) knew it wasn't the right thing to do.

She holds my hands asking me in her shaky voice, "What should I do Shay?" She's scared and not knowing what to do, as her boyfriend I knew exactly what to tell her and what to do about it. "Confront them," I told her. "Huh?"

"Confront them. Tell him what you actually feel, not just hiding the things you're afraid of. You're grown woman (y/n) and I know what you're capable. I know you can stand for yourself" I held her hands tightly, "And I'll be here witnessing." She looks down and inhaled deeply. She has that determined look, stands up and being the brave brave woman she is, talking to the guy.

She told him about how uncomfortable it was for him to ask for a 19-year-old barista to text his personal number and even asked for her Facebook account. OF COURSE, he had to act like he had clean intentions. I know what those creepy guys are up to, I'm here to beat their ass if anything happens. Anyway, she talked to the guy and he apologized and pretty sure that he won't do it again. Unless he's a shameless man who wants nothing but trouble, but my girl did it. She stood up for herself, non-violently.

After her shift, (y/n) and I went home. And I can't help kissing her temple multiple times, "Hey, what's got into you?" She giggled. I hugged her tightly while we were walking home, "I just can't believe you stood up for yourself." Digging my cheek into her neck, "Well, I have to protect myself too. Thank you for helping me,"

"But I didn't do anything?"

"Well, you're the one who told me to stand up for myself. Without you, the situation would have gotten worse " she stated, "Yeah. You're right about that." I nodded. I hold her hand, " I'm glad that you're here with me."

"Me too, lass." Our lips met and continue walking home.

A/n: I am alive and well! Sorry if it's short than I usually do. I'm also doing another oneshot book called Lupin the third | Oneshots. Yes, doing two books and I rest don't worry~ I listed all the stories I'm writing and boy most of them are not done but I am connecting the stories one by one. See you!