Rainy Season is good

Continuation of the original story of what if's: Realization from the book part 1

The first month of July, I woke up from the sound of the rain, the smell of nature. I look at my window and saw Miikun staring at it, a cute barking sound from Chewie, seems she's scared of rains now? 

"Aww, you scared of the rain Chewie?" I cooed and carried her on my bed, expecting her to lie down with me instead she just stands like an alpha dog beside me, just why Chewie. I heard a knock,  I look at my door, Shay's there looking antsy, "Lass, is it alright to come in?" he asked. "Sure, you can," I said. He sauntered closer and sat down on my bed, he sighed. "We were relieved it rains just now, the heat and all," he paused. He looked at me and see what I'm wearing, "so this is what ladies wear today?-" points at my clothes, I wear a loose long black sleeve shirt which shows one side of my shoulder and checkered black and blue pajama pants. 

"Well, we prefer something comfortable nowadays," I said. Shay, chuckles, "I thought women prefer nightgowns?"

"They can wear that, but for me, I prefer like this, it feels very comfortable than wearing nightgowns," We both laugh, I check my phone for any notifications from my boyfriend, no texts, thinking he has no internet plus it's raining today. I watch Shay playing with Chewie, rubbing her belly while Miikun plays with his tiny ponytail, I wished I can picture it but no, my phone camera is broken. The ambient of the rain makes me relaxed a bit, I sighed, smiling. Shay heard me, asking: "You alright?" 

"Hmm? Oh yeah, why?" 

"You were- sighing just now," 

"Oh, because rains make me relaxed, just listen to it," I said. He closes his eyes, hearing the sounds of the rain only. He smiles slightly "I couldn't agree more, wish we have something to drink," he suggested. Which it gave me an idea, I jump off my bed and stretched my arms high. 

"Where are you going?" Shay asked. "Come on, we're going to make something," I went out of the room. 

"Where to?" 

"To the kitchen, follow me". He put Chewie and Miikun down and followed me to the kitchen, I noticed everyone's still asleep, I have to be discreet getting the box of swiss miss with marshmallows, I asked Shay to hold it for me. 

"Swiss Miss?" Shay asked, looking at the box, "Oh, that's a hot chocolate, trust me it's good for cold seasons," I said, preparing hot water in an electric kettle. I turn on the kettle to start. "Can you grab those mugs, be careful they're really fragile," I warned while pointing at the shelf where the mugs are. Shay grabs them one by one without making a sound, realizing everyone is asleep. While he puts it down all the mugs on the side, I poured each of the mugs with one tablespoon of swiss miss powder with marshmallow. The water hasn't boiled yet. While we wait for it Shay and I started a conversation. 

"It's very quiet here," 

"Quite". 

"I started to wonder. . ."

"Hmm?" 

"Do you think we'll be able to get back?"

"You will! Do you have any questions to ask?" 

"I do, it feels weird to be around with assassins," 

"But. . . you have Haytham with you,"

"Aside from him, I didn't know he has a son, an assassin,"

"Are you. . . freaked out because you're surrounded by- Assassins?" 

Shay chuckles, "No, it's not that-" before he could say anything, a click made him jump a bit, I turn around the water was done. I pulled the plug properly and poured all the water on each mug, then took out a small teaspoon and mixed them well. "Help me carry these on the table," I grabbed two of them, "Be careful, they're hot" I warned, "I heard ya," he replied. I look at the living room, one of them is already awake by the sound of the rain, Connor was the first then Edward. "It's- raining?" Connor looking outside of the window, then Edward sniffing from his nose and went to the table. "What are these?"