[16] Bodyguards

Chaeyoung's POV

It is morning and another day of my life here in Korea. I love being here. It was quite but I feel at peace. People are kind and I felt independent. I am still worried that one day my dad will find me and force me to marry a stranger but for now I will let myself have this freedom.

I was about to get out of my apartment to go to work but as usual I look at the windows first to check if the coast it clear. I expect no one to be there as always as it should be like it has been for almost three months of my stay here However, it is not. I saw two men at the back of the outdoor lamp post of the street. Those two are surely big idiots. With their big built body, surely those lamp post won't hide them. I internally laugh. I can handle them easily by beating them up right there and now but I still need to know why they are after me. They surely did not come from my father since they do not look a bit Russian at all.

I walk out of my door and go to the Im's door like nothing happen. I feel they are following me and I stay on my guard and look at them using my watch which has a very small mirror so I can watch them behind me.

I get inside the store and goes on to my work while they stay on the other side of the street for look out.

As the day goes on and the time is already 3:35 PM, my out is at 4 PM so 15 minutes more when three familiar Japanese women walk inside the store.

"Oh! Hi Chaeng. You're here. I did not know you are working here." Sana said as soon as she saw me while the other two is beside her.

"Yeah. Nayeon-unnie help me get a job here." I said. I notice Mina is looking at me so I smiled at her.

"You can work with us. The pays are surely bigger." Sana suggested.

"A-ah y-yeah. I like it here." Oh damn what a great reason.

"When are you going out Chaengie?" Mina suddenly speak which caught my attention.

"At 4.." I answered.

Mina looks at her watch and says "About 10 minutes to go then. We will wait for you and you can go with us."

"Me? Go with you? Where?" I asked.

"Just hang out, you know. We are friends already, right?" she asked with pleading look. I look at Momo and Sana who have shock expression on their faces. I look at Mina again and sigh defeated. "Okay. Wait for me there." I said as I point to the table at the corner of the store. I smile to them and walk away as I finish the rest 10 minutes of my work.