Chapter 16

Jayda
" Yeah baby I know " I said as I rocked D'ante he was a little fussy because I just bathed him and got him dressed for his one week check up . I placed him in his swing and he calmed down and I quickly got dressed since I took a shower while he was napping . I grabbed his baby bag and made sure I had everything before we left , I grabbed his car seat and placed him in it . I walked to my car and strapped him in the backseat and closed the door and got in . I drove quietly to the doctor and I was completely exhausted but I wouldn't change this experience for the world .

>I don't wanna go into detail about the doctor's appointment so I'm just going to skip that .

We left the doctors and I was happy because they said he was a healthy and happy baby and I was glad for that . We got back in the car and pulled off . I was driving and I kept noticing this car was following us , and I didn't really notice it until every turn I took they took . I kept driving until they sped up and bumped my car I looked back and D'ante was asleep . I sped up trying to get them off my back but that only caused them to speed up more and now I was panicking . I sped up some more just hoping and praying that nothing happened to D'ante . I pulled out my phone and called Dave because I knew he was the only one that could tell me what to do .

" Hello " he said .

" Somebody's following me and I don't know what to do , They keep bumping the back of my car and I'm so scared " I said quickly.

" Okay where are you " he said .

" I'm near the woods kind of close by my house " I said .

" Okay try to come to my house take the next left and try to get a picture " he said and I looked back and they were still there so I did what Dave said .

" They still there " he said .

" Yes and their speeding up and trying to knock me off the road I got the best picture I could" I said and I sped up some more and I looked back and D'ante started waking up.

" Just keep driving ma " he said as I sped .

" I'm trying I'm trying " I said shaking .

I seen Dave's house and I looked back and they took the next right and left and I blew out a breath I didn't know I was holding and parked into his driveway . My hands were shaking so bad and I couldn't function . I was so scared and nervous I couldn't even think straight . I seen Dave come out of his house and he came and opened the door and I just hugged him , I needed some security and assurance right now .

" You did it mama it's okay breath " he said and I calmed down a little but but my hands were still shaking I heard D'ante start to cry . I was about to grab him but Dave stopped me and went to grab him and he instantly calmed down . We got out and walked into his house and we sat in the living room and I grabbed him back from him and we just sat in silence .

" So how did this happen " he said . I explained to him the story and I paused a little because I was getting nervous all over again .

" It's okay I'll make sure nothing like that happens again " he said .

" I was just so scared and D'ante was in the backseat I didn't want anything to happen to my baby " he said .

"I know ma you did good I'm proud of you but I gotta teach you a couple things to protect yourself but we'll talk about that later " he said .