Chapter 23

" Jonathan she's just a little girl you can't keep doing this to her " I heard my mother yell from the other room as I rocked back and forth on my bed .

" She wanna act like she grown imma treat her like it " he yelled back at her at the time I was only 10 and the only thing I asked was to go to a sleep over that one of my friends at the time was having .

" You must wanna take the shit I give her " he said and I heard a long pause before she uttered the word that broke my heart .

" No " she said and I felt my heart shatter in a thousand pieces my own mother couldn't get away from this abusive ass man or even shield me away from his cruel ways .

I slowly opened my eyes afraid if I opened them too fast I'd be back in that same house and I'd be back to being that 10 year old girl I once was . I looked around and Dave was still asleep and I heard his light snores and I looked at the bottom of the bed and laughed Kairi had snuck in the room like she always does at night . I carefully got up not wanting to wake Dave or Kairi and went into D'ante's nursery and he was still asleep and I sighed . Everybody was asleep so I guess I'd cook something , I went into the kitchen and looked around but it was literally nothing in this house to cook and I sighed . Dave never has anything in his house that's why we always be at mine . I walked back upstairs and Dave was know laying on his back and I smiled and sat on him and rocked back and forth .

" Babyyyy " I whined and I heard him groan .

" Get up " I said and he opened his eyes and looked around .

" Wassup ma why you waking me up " he said and I mugged him .

" I'm hungry and I wanna cook " I said and he smacked his lips and gripped my hips .

" Gimmie a minute to get up and since you wanna cook so bad we can go shopping okay baby " he said.

" Gimmie kiss " he said I smiled and leaned down kissing him he gripped my ass and I rested my hands on either side of his head .

" You better move before you won't be eating no food " he said and I got up and hit his arm in the process .

" You hurry up and get up while you being nasty " I said and walked out of the room .

I walked to the nursery and I came just in time because he was just waking up and when he seen me he looked up and gave me a little grin .

" Heyyy Baby D " I said and he giggled a little . I reached down and grabbed him and kissed his cheeks and I placed him on my hip . I walked back into the room and Dave was putting some clothes on the bed and I went to my closet and picked out a random outfit .

"And gimme my boy " he said and grabbed D'ante out of my hand and I smiled as he giggled as Dave played with him . I watched as he threw him up a little and he caught him and started kissing his cheek . I heard our door open and Kairi was standing there with her teddy bear and was rubbing her eyes .

" Hey Baby K " I said and she looked up and ran to me and I picked her up .

" Hey mommy " she said and laid her head on my shoulder .

" Go get some clothes mama we going to the store " I said and she nodded and ran back to her room . We all took showers and I bathed D'ante and Dave gave Kairi a bath . We all got in the car and I drove to Walmart , I already knew what I wanted to cook so we shouldn't even be in here that long . We all walked in and I placed D'ante's car seat In the buggy and I pushed it . I was picking the stuff out and I felt somebody staring at me . I ignored it the first time but whoever it was just kept staring . I looked back and it was a girl she was short but her body was good , when I looked at her she mugged me and I looked back this bitch don't even know me . I smiled and decided to walk up to her and ask her what the fuck her problem was .