11. Our Town

|| Alaric's Apartment || Scarlett's POV

𝙄'𝙫𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙍𝙞𝙘 𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙡𝙮, 𝙝𝙞𝙢 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙀𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙖 𝙖𝙧𝙚 a work out session, as I arrive Elena lunches the bag Ric's holding.

"Morning." I greet.

"Morning." Elena punches the bag.

"So, what's get you two worked up?" Ric asks.

"I haven't really slept last night." Elena says, I grab some gloves.

"Yeah, me neither. Probably something to do with dying." Ric says.

"You're okay?" Elena asks.

"Yeah I'm fine." Ric says.

"I triggered my curse." I speak up, Elena turns to look at me surprised. "Don't give me sympathy, don't feel bad. I killed someone." I say. I kick another bag Ric has on the side.

"Scarlett." Elena says softly.

"I said don't, I don't keep things from my family, I'm being honest. I don't lie." I say.

"I think the ring has no longer batteries." Ric says drawing the attention off me, as I give him a small gratitude smile earning a nod.

"Yeah, it's another reason why Jeremy has to get out of the town. Those ring have a short last, he is not protected, neither are you." Elena says.

"I agree with you Elena, I just hated your approach, I hate how you never asks me, how you think I'm going to break! When I survived, our parents and everyone's death. When I survived Graysons death." I say kicking the bag. I stop and pick up my things. "You know what, I can't do this. I thought I could be here and try to fix this, but I'm done having the be the one fixing things when you mess up Elena. Now because of your stupidity, you it clean up." I say walking out of Alaric's apartment.

𝙄 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙖𝙩 𝙢𝙮 𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙞𝙡𝙗𝙚𝙧𝙩 𝙍𝙚𝙨𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚, 𝙞𝙩 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙨 weird to be here. I feel like a completely different person. I look in my mirrors and I see the guy from the party, I turn around and see no one there.

"Hey." I turn around to see Bonnie.

"Bonnie." I smile pulling her into a hug.

"I heard you and Elena got into a fight." Bonnie says.

"Yes, we haven't really spoken since the night Jeremy left and I went today to Ric's to workout and I tried but I couldn't. I agree with Jermey leaving but not her approach." I say.

"I don't either. You seem different." She says.

"Bonnie, I didn't mean to. I just pushed him off me, he tripped and hit his head. He was dead in the instant." I say looking at her scared of her reaction.

"Is it because of Sam's attack? He scared you?" She asks. I nod my head.

"I was dancing with Vi and the guy sneaked up grabbing my hips, I turned around and told him off. Vi and met up with Jake, and Alexzander they left as I danced with Alexzander. He told me he liked me and it freaked me out." I say.