18. American Gothic

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙎𝙖𝙡𝙫𝙖𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙛𝙤𝙘𝙪𝙨 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙡𝙨, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 did

     𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙎𝙖𝙡𝙫𝙖𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙛𝙤𝙘𝙪𝙨 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙡𝙨, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 did. Scarlett did what she did best and let her studying consume her. She ignores everyone and anyone unless they were a professor, she only talked about school. It kinda scared Viola, but she knew the girl was coping. Her little brother had just passed away.

"Hey how's Scarlett?" Alex asks Viola.

"She's, studying. Again." Viola says.

"Has she eaten anything?" Will asks.

"Yeah, She's eating, a little bit eating." She tells them. Will had informed the of how she came face to face with Silas defending Klaus. "You should call her boyfriend, you know to check up on her." She says.

"Vi is right, he's like the only one that can actually get through to her without getting hurt." Alex says nodding his head. The three were getting lunch, and they saw Scarlett leaving with a takeout tray of food.

"She's eating." Will says sighting, he's trying to look at the positive side of thing but it's hard. Their mother told him about the fight, and Zach got into an argument and now he left Mystic Falls as it isn't safe for them. She didn't want to him to be endangered, especially with Silas around. "So, How are the finals?" Will asks wanting to change the subject from his sister.

     𝙎𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩 𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙙 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙙𝙤𝙧𝙢 𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙤𝙙, 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙙 to take a little break from studying. She felt her head hurting from so much information she's been taking in and studying. She heard her phone ring as she placed her food down on her desk.

She saw a number she didn't recognize and answered it. "Hello?"

"Hey doll." Dean says making her smile.

"Hey babe." She says softly, she felt happiness and calm hearing his voice. "How are you?" She asks.

"We're good, we're laying low for a bit." He says. "How are things on your end?" He asks, Will had contacted Sam informing him of everything that went on in Mystic Falls, vía witch line.

"Good, for as good as Silas being released." She says, she talked to him about what went on, from Jermey to the sacrifices being complete. Dean explains what happened, and what happened at the jail. She informed him about how finals are going and she's be able to join him on hunts once she moved out next week. She had been taking things back to her Cabin since last week. She just has essentials, she spent majority of her time at the cabin. He invited her on the hunt after she moved All her things out.

     𝘼𝙩 𝙄𝙫𝙤𝙧𝙮'𝙨 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚, 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙘𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙝, 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 with her father left her uneasy. She knew Scarlett was reckless but standing upto Silas on her own, was very stupid. Luckily her father was there to take away, and Silas didn't mess with her mind even more.

Scarlett didn't want to to speak about what happened on the island which worries her, she was keeping everything in. She wasn't talking to Zach, and her only hope was Dean. Will told her about Scarlett pushing everyone away and focusing on her studies. She was a bit more calm after Elijah had visited her when she left the house in a hurry. He spent the day with her and she wasn't as angry.

    𝙒𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙨𝙖𝙩 𝙖𝙩 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙙𝙚𝙨𝙠, 𝙖𝙨 𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨, 𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨 leaving the dorms soon and didn't want to pack at the last minute. Vi, Alex and him had been taking turns babysitting Scarlett. She hasn't done anything stupid lately which they were all grateful for.

He received a call from Dean, and he quickly picked it up. He informed him about inviting Scarlett on a hunt. He thinks it might actually be good for her, once she's done with finals. She only had one left and turn in her room key and take her things.

"Hey it's me." Vi says knocking on his dorm. Will gets up to open it as him and Dean end the call. "Alex is Scarlett duty."

Will nods as she enter and he closes the door. "Tell me about the massacre." She says.

"Witches, some of the them were witches from The Balance, they were going to kill Bonnie." He says.

"Dude, you guys are screwed, The Balance will get even." She says. "Well maybe not you and Scarlett since you're Fairchild witches, Eliza Fairchild's grandchildren and tribrids." She says.

"Who can call upon three witch bloodlines." He says making his voice deeper. "The Fairchilds, Mikaelsons and Bennett bloodlines." He says making her laugh.

"Who ever killed them will have to pay for the consequences, they're ruthless when someone hurts one of their own." She says, he nods.

"Yeah, after grandma Eliza died they went on vampire hunt, killing a lot. From both types of vampires." He says.

"That was Mikael, his doing, right?" She asks taking a seat on his chair.

"Yeah, that's bastard." He says.

"So we need study for the final." She says, he nods and takes out his studying materials.

    𝘼𝙡𝙚𝙭 𝙨𝙖𝙩 𝙤𝙣 𝙑𝙞𝙤𝙡𝙖'𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙨 𝙎𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩 𝙨𝙩𝙪𝙙𝙞𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙣 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙙𝙚𝙨𝙠. She didn't say much to him, it was quiete, the only noise was the pages turning of paper being shuffled.

"I don't need babysitting." She says breaking the silence. "I know what you three are doing, you think I can't handle myself." She says. Alex looks up from his paper and turns to look at her.

"We're worried, you lost your brother Scarlett. Elena turned off her humanity and you're pushing everyone away." He says

"What, you're want me to speak about my dead brother? Or my family?" She asks angrily.

"No, we just don't want you pushing everyone away. We want to make sure you're okay." He says giving her a look. Alex wasn't one to take people's crap. "You cope your own way, we're just making sure you know that if you need us, we're here." He says. "You're not alone Scarlett, you got us."

She nods and says "thank you." He nods his head and they both return to studying.

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝟏𝟎𝟐𝟓
𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭'𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐩 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐉𝐚𝐤𝐞, 𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐓𝐲𝐥𝐞𝐫. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐡𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤. 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞, 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬, 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠!!!
𝐔𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎