17. Break On Through

Scarlett's POV

𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙥𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙘 𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙒𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙆𝙤𝙡, 𝙈𝙤𝙢 had gone to treat a patient. After we were done we bid goodbye to Kol, he had important matters to get to. I set Sage free before dinner, telling her if she wanted to punch me I deserve it, she didn't, understanding we do crazy unthinkable things for family.

"We're meeting mom at wicker's bridge." Will says once im done changing.

"Okay, I'm ready." I say grabbing a bag.

"No trouble?" He asks.

"Ehh, only if it finds me." I shrug, he laughs and nods.

Third Person POV

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙧𝙞𝙙𝙜𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙙. 𝙀𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙜𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙙. Rebekah is talking with the mayor. Damon, Ivory and Alaric arrive. Damon looks at Rebekah. The twins arrive going to greet their mom.

"Mom." Scarlett smiles.

"Hey Mom." Will smiles.

"Hi babies." Ivory smilies at them.

"Rebekah's up to something. She's been snooping around in places she shouldn't be." Damon says.

"Tell me again, why are we here?" Alaric asks.

"Ric, the world can't stop just because you're an accidental psycho killer." Damon says. "But it will stop if you accidentally kill or hurt Ivory, Klaus and Wonder Twins won't like that." Damon shakes his head. The twins and Ivory hear joining them.

"He's right, Alaric we're willing to help you as long as you don't hurt our mom." Will says, Scarlett nods agreeing with her brother. Ivory gives them a smile.

"Do you have any tact whatsoever?" Ivory asks, Carol joins them.

"Alaric! I'm glad you're here. Did you bring the sign? The restored wickery bridge sign. The history department promised me you would have it today." Carol asks.

"No, I don't have the sign, actually. It slipped... slipped my mind. I've been... Busy." Alaric says.

"Well, it's not an emergency. We'll just, um, unveil it when the bridge is complete." She smiles at the group and leaves.

"Get me out of here." Alaric says.

"My pleasure." Ivory says.

"Do you want us to come with?" Scarlett asks, not wanting to go and run into Elena.

"Babe, it's fine, you should enjoy your day." Ivory says. "Take care of each other, call if anything, I will too." She says, the twins bid goodbye.

Damon sees Sage through the crowd and looks at her. She smiles.

"I'm going to stick around for a bit." Damon says.

"Who is that?" Ric asks.

"Blast from the past." Damon says, "Now wonder twins no trouble unless?" He asks.

"Some asks for it." They both say. Damon smiles.

"Up top." He raises both his hands and they high five Scarlett and William laugh a little.

"You treat us like we're five." Will says.

"In my eyes you are." Damon says.

Carol begins her speech. "... construction has begun replacing the original wooden support structure to meet modern safety standards. And, our beautification phase will begin in the spring."