Chapter 18

-Liam's P.O.V (ohhh something a bit different)

I had Anna next to me on the couch, working on some drawings, the paper leaning on an old book we had. She loved drawing, and for an eight-year-old, she was actually pretty good. Niall was laying on the floor with Elizabeth, reading her a story while some little kid show played on the TV in the background. Her head was resting on Niall's chest. He was pregnant, yes, but he was laying on a bunch of pillows to keep himself comfortable.

"Uncle Liam? You've known my dad for a super long time," I nodded.

"Known him since we were six; he's my best friend," I paused. "Which is why I have the pleasure of being your uncle," that brought a slight smile to her face. But it wasn't big. I could see the wheels turning in her head.

"So you knew my other dad? The one that died when I was just a baby?" I nodded.

"I did, he was wonderful. You would have loved him, sweetheart," she set her drawing on the coffee table and turned to sit facing me, her legs, her legs criss-crossed so she could look at me.

"Can you tell me about him? I ask Daddy sometimes, but he doesn't ever like talking about him. He always tells me it's a touchy subject and that he'll tell me another day, but he never does. I just wanna know some things about him," I smiled weakly at the little girl who just wanted to know her dad.

"Alright, well? What would you like to know? He was a good mate of mine back in high school, so I should know a few things,"

"How did he and daddy meet? Do you remember?" I chuckled softly.

"Oh yes, I sure do. Your dad was in love with that man the second he saw him. It was love at first sight," I watched her face light up slightly. "I actually introduced them. Jeremy, your father, and I were on the same basketball team, and we met our second year of high school. I invited your dad to a party we were having because I wanted the two to meet," she gasped.

"My daddies met because of you?" She smiled big. I shrugged, a proud little smile on my face.

"I guess I'll take credit," I smiled. "But yeah, I introduced them at the party, and they talked and eventually started dating. Few years later, they got married and then you came along," she frowned slightly.

"And then he died. I was only two weeks old,"

"It's very sad, I agree. But you know, all things happen for a reason. Even if they're super unfair. But you would never have met Harry," her eyes coated with tears.

"I love him, too," she said, talking about Harry.  She blinked away her tears. "He wouldn't be my dad now, and then Jamie wouldn't be my brother or Lizzie wouldn't be my sister, and you wouldn't know Uncle Niall," just as she finished talking, the door opened and in came the three boys: Harry, Louis, and Jamie. Anna got up from the couch and ran to Harry, hugging him so tight, but not tight enough to hurt the babies. "I love you," she told him. He was a bit startled, but he immediately hugged her back, leaning down to kiss her head.

"Aw darling, I love you too. What's this for?" She just shook her head and small tears trickled down her face.

"You're the best Dad I could ever ask for," Harry kissed her head again. Louis walked right out of the room, going up to their guest room. I looked at Harry who looked at me.