Chapter 3

-Louis' P.O.V

"Daddy? Are you okay?" Anna asked me when I walked back into the house.

"It was the fuse box," I informed, mainly Harry. However, I gave him a look to tell him I needed to talk to him. I glanced at the clock under the TV to see it was late anyway. "You two, head on up to bed," I said to both Jamie and Anna. Lizzie was still asleep.

"C-Can I sleep in your room?" Anna asked. I could tell that she was scared, and I truly felt bad. She's my kid after all. I looked at Harry to see what he wanted. He shrugged.

"Honey," I said, looking back at my kid. "It was just the fuse box, I promise you. Nothing's gonna happen," I watched as her eyes glazed over. "Baby, I promise you nothing's wrong. This happens to a lot of people, it's normal," It was no surprise that the things my father put my family through left an impact on our kids. A lot of things scared both of them that usually wouldn't scare most kids. For example, if we were in a grocery store, and we asked one of them to go into the next aisle over to get something, neither of them would do it. You should have seen them on their first day of kindergarten. Especially Adrianna, since she was kidnapped after preschool one day. All I remember from their first day of school was her terrified crying. Most kids would cry because they would miss their parents, but mine were scared of being taken, and I remember feeling absolutely horrible that day. I never felt so guilty in my life, leaving my kids at that school without Harry or myself.

So, I wasn't surprised that Anna was scared to go to her own room by herself.

"Please?" Jamie's ears were still down, too, so I could tell he was nervous too. He just didn't say anything, though he kept making glances towards Harry. Anna was gripping onto Harry for dear life.

"Why don't you guys share your room tonight instead?" Harry suggested to Jamie and Anna.

"C-Can you walk us up?" Anna asked him.

"Yes, that I can do. Jamie come on," I brought Lizzie to her room, getting her dressed successfully without waking her up and tucking her into bed, making sure her windows were locked and her door was shut. I met Harry in Anna's room where Jamie and her shared the bed. Harry was sitting on the edge of the bed, Anna's hand in his. She was twirling the few rings he wore around his fingers. She looked over at me when she saw I was in the room. I walked over and sat next to Harry.

"Your daddy's in jail right?" Jamie asked me in a small voice.

"Mhm, yup. And he's not getting out anytime soon. Guys, it was just a power outage. I don't want you guys to worry okay? This is no big deal," I know that I was lying to them. It wasn't just the fuse box, someone actually, physically, turned it off with their hands, but I didn't want them to be scared. "Go to sleep," I said, leaning down and kissing them both on the heads. "We love you,"

"I love you too," Anna said.

"Love you," Jamie responded. Harry also kissed them goodnight before the two of us stood up. Before Harry and I walked out, Anna stopped me.

"Daddy," She said, opening her arms. I went over and leaned down to hug her.

"You're safe," I promised. "Always," I kissed her again and she let go of the hug. "Goodnight guys," I hugged Jamie real quick and kissed him too before Harry and I finally were able to leave the room.

"So?" He said, leading me downstairs. I immediately locked everything on the bottom floor, including the windows. "Louis," 

"Well first of all the switch on the fuse box was switches to off, meaning someone somehow got over the fence and physically switched it off. Secondly, that connects to the front gate to the driveway, the only way people can get in or out of this place, so when the power to the entire property shut off, so did the electricity that connects to the gate. The gate was wide open when I looked at it," Harry's eyes widened.