Chapter 29

-3rd Person P.O.V *Earlier that day*

"Anna, why can't you come outside?" Lexi asked the eight-year-old girl as they departed ways after lunch to go to recess. Anna didn't know what to tell her because how could she explain the situation and have it make sense to another eight-year-old? Adrianna herself barely understood what was happening. 

"I just can't. My daddy doesn't want me to," Lexi frowned. "Oh, okay. I guess I'll play with Lindsay. I'll see you later," Anna waved and watched as her best friend hurried outside to go play with her other friend. Adrianna wanted to go play with her best friend, not stay inside and just sit. She sighed as she walked into the office where her principle waited. He smiled at the small girl. 

"Hi Miss Tomlinson," He said kindly. "Mrs. Robinson is going to take you down to the computer lab. That way you have something fun to do, yeah?" Anna nodded and left the classroom with one of the ladies that worked in the office. Adrianna was sad. She was sad that she had to stay inside. She wasn't that mad at her father who's not really her father, but actually is her father. It hurt a lot that he pretended to be dead rather than just be there for his daughter. Anna had this picture in her head of the type of dad Jeremy would have been to her. Louis always told her how amazing he was and how much he knew that Jeremy would love her. Louis loved him so much because he was just an all-around good person. But Louis' heart shattered the day he got the call about Jeremy's death. He didn't sleep for weeks. He cried everyday whenever he wasn't attending his tiny daughter who was barely a month old at the time. That put Louis into a dark place, and he never thought things would be fine ever again.

As that baby girl grew and grew, he loved her more and more. He became a lot happier and was able to move on from Jeremy. He was happy with just the two of them. It took a long time for Louis to get over Jeremy. He didn't realize he was capable of loving someone else in that way until he met a special man. A man with a pair of cat ears. Harry was probably Louis' saving grace. If Louis had never met Harry, he probably would have been alone for the rest of his life raising his little girl. He's been the happiest he's ever been for a few years because of Harry. Of course, just as he's happy again, Jeremy suddenly comes back into Louis' life. The trauma and devastation that that man put Louis through could never be forgiven. Louis hated him. How could he do that to Louis and Anna and then come back into their life, expecting things to be fine?

Anna was so confused. What child her age wouldn't be? Her father who was supposed to be dead, wasn't dead. Harry and Louis were her dads. She knew that. But now with Jeremy in the picture, who was he? She didn't even know him. He was a complete stranger to her, only recognizing him because of some photographs that Louis had laying around the house. Harry was her dad. She didn't care that Jeremy was her real dad. She told herself that all last night as she tried to sleep. She loved Harry. Not Jeremy. Though, she remained conflicted. 

She just wanted to go home to her parents, find out what sibling she was having, and call it a day. It probably wouldn't be so bad if she had Jamie with her. 

When recess was over, Mrs. Robinson walked Adrianna back to her class. Anna sat in her assigned seat, which was luckily next to Lexi. When Lexi came inside the classroom, she barely even glanced at Anna as Lindsay sat beside her and those two talked and talked. Anna tried to think nothing of it, but when Lexi didn't say bye when the day ended, she found herself getting really upset. Why was her friend ignoring her? 

-

The girl was so excited that she was getting two baby brothers, but she just wanted to be alone now. She wanted to be in her room and not talk to anyone, so she could cry a little bit. Her father knew her too well, which she knew, so she wasn't surprised when he came walking in.