Chapter 9

Dean Ambrose's POV;
I made my way over to April's hotel room, excited that we're hanging out together. I knocked on her door, and she answered wearing skinny jeans, converse and a Dean Ambrose shirt. "Classy." I told her, as we walked to the elevator. "That's just what I do." She laughed. I chuckled and realized this was gonna be a good day.
April and I walked in this small, cafe and sat down at a booth. We looked through the menus and I'd throw in some compliments here and there, just to see her smile.
After we ordered, we talked about how we got into wrestling, and what we want to achieve in WWE. I was telling her about how Seth shot milk out of his nose, when April's eyes widened.
I turned around to see Punk walking in with Eve Torres. They sat on the other side of the cafe and every so often, I'd catch Punk giving me glares. I scoffed and turned back to April. She looked nervous. "What's wrong?" I asked, I thought she was having a good time.
"I'm afraid Punk will get upset that I'm hanging out with you." She admitted, pushing her glasses up. I sighed "Punk can get mad at me all he wants, but it's something if he's mad at you, for doing something he has no control over." I told her, which made her crack a smile.
"Let's just forget it all. I'm having a nice time with you, Dean." She said, looking up at me. I just smiled and we continued our conversation.
CM Punk's POV;
I could see them laughing. I could see them talking. And it made me livid. I was fuming with anger and Eve looked terrified. "Calm down, dude. I'm only doing this because you paid me $50 so I could get a new pair of shoes." She explained, making my gaze turn to her. "Shut up. I'm busy right now." I shushed her and continued watching Dean and April.
She cleared her throat. "If your gonna be like this to me, then I don't want to help you anymore. You can do this on your own. Good luck, kid." She smirked and ruffled my hair, then left the cafe. April got up and walked towards the bathrooms, and I realized this was my time to pounce. I stalked over to Dean and tapped his shoulder, making him turn around.
"Hey, Punkers, what brings you here?" Every word that was coming out of his mouth, dripped with sarcasm. "I came here to tell you to back off with April. She's mine and I'm not gonna let you manipulate her." I crossed my arms, very pleased with my wording. "You listen to me, buddy. If April 'likes' you, why did she agree to go out for lunch with me then? That's what I thought. I'll see you on Smackdown."
He brushed past me and walked out the door with April following behind him. I let out a low growl and walked back to my car. Watch your back, Ambrose.
AJ Lee's POV;
We got to the car and I noticed Dean was huffing and puffing. "Why are you so worked up?" I questioned, WAIT, did I do something wrong? I thought, the most possible reasons as to why I ruined this 'date' flooded into my head. "God no, I had so much fun with you April. You were not the problem. If anything, your the reason why I actually had fun today." He looked in my direction for a moment, then returned his eyes back to the road.
I looked out the window and bit my lip, trying myself to stop smiling.
Later On, Smackdown-
Dean Ambrose's POV;
April and I walked in the arena for tonight, talking as usual. I walked her to the divas locker room and hugged her. "I'll see you later, Ambrose." She giggled and ruffled my hair. I gave her my signature smirk and walked to the Superstars Locker room.
I sat my bags down and grabbed my phone, not wanting to listen to any jobbers tonight. I texted April, because I knew she was probably bored in the Divas locker room.
Me- Are you bored too, or is it just me?
April💗- not just you, I'm pretty bored. Good thing I'm texting you now.
Me- same. Hey, do you wanna go to the canteen? I can't stand it in here.
April💗- yeah. I'll meet you there.
Me- sounds good.
I turned my phone off, and slid it in my back pocket. I walked out the door and headed in the direction of the canteen.
I walked inside and immediately found April at an empty table, with her glasses on the brim of her nose. I walked over and pulled up a chair. She lifted her head from her phone and smiled at me. "Hey, got pretty boring for ya?" I just grinned. God, it's pretty weird how close we are.
AJ Lee's POV;
"Good luck on your match." Dean called out, as I walked the opposite way. "Lucks for losers." I answered, giving him a wave before walking into the locker room.
I changed in my new love bites shirt, black/pink shorts, and grey converse. I connected my title around my waist and headed towards the curtain.
Nikki was blowing kisses to the crowd, while I threw up in my mouth. My theme song blared throughout the arena, and I skipped out.
I slid in the ring and unhooked my title from my waist, giving it a swift kiss. I set it on the ring apron and prepared for the match.
Stephanie's theme song played and she came out, giving me a wave. I looked and saw Nikki smirking at me. "Before this match starts, I'm switching it to a handicapped match. It'll be Nikki, Natalya, Paige, Tamina and Brie Bella versus AJ!" She chanted 'YES!YES!YES!' Which made the crowd go ballistic.
All the divas entered the ring and I started off with Tamina. I slapped her and jumped on her back, giving her the sleeper hold. Thanks, Dolph, I thought as it made Tamina limp and weak. I licked my lips and pulled myself off her, and did a roundhouse kick to her face. I pinned her but she kicked out at 2. I stood up and hopped on the top rope, making the crowd cheer. I grinned and set myself up for a frog splash.
I jumped off and she apparently was better because she picked me up and gave me some backbreakers and a body slam. I crawled out of the ring to regain my energy. Paige leaned out and grabbed my hair, making my feet swing off the edge. She dropped me and I pulled myself up using the barricade.
I slid in the ring and gave Paige a dropkick and a headsissors. I twisted her arm and face planted her, getting ready for the black widow. "AJ, YOUR CRAZY!!!!!" I heard Nikki yell from behind, I kicked Paige in the side and yelled at Nikki. I slapped her and turned around, and got kicked swiftly in the face by Paige.
I'm assuming Nikki got tagged because I felt myself on someone's shoulders, then getting dropped down. Nikki pinned me and I couldn't move because all my energy was gone. I bet the Authority was loving this right now.
1,2,3! I peeked my eyes open to see Nikki with her hands raised. I quickly shut my eyes, due to the pain of seeing Nikki above me, claiming she was the best. I felt someone shake me, and I realized it was Brie. I opened my eyes and saw her over me. I leaned up and she handed me my title.
"Thanks." I muttered, as she helped me to my feet. I hooked my title around my waist as Brie helped me walk backstage and to the medics room.
Tonight has not been a good night. For me actually. But like Hunter said, "there's always a plan B."