Chapter 18

AJ Lee's POV;
It was finally here. The day of my title match with Nikki. I was nervous for a number of reasons, but one being, I could lose my title tonight. Of course Brie is going to be ringside for the match, it's her sister and she's going to do anything and everything to make her win. I think Dean could tell something was up because he kept rubbing my back and telling me everything was ok. I wanted to believe him, but deep down, what if he was wrong? I woke up at 6 and went for a little jog. I didn't feel like going back to my hotel room, so I just walked to the gym to work out.

Dean Ambrose's POV;
I sighed as April walked out the door. She was obviously nervous for tonight. I guess you could say she's paranoid, ever since that 'unknown' number texted her about the match. I kept telling her that it was nothing to worry about but, what if it was? What if April thought I was lying to her? I would never forgive myself. I grabbed my phone and texted Roman.
Me- hey Roman do you wanna go with me somewhere?
Roman✖️- are you kidnapping me? Or are you taking me to a club again?
Me- God no I'm taken bro, unlike you😏 but it's for April..
Roman✖️- ooh Deans going soft for his "shortstack"😂
Me- shut up & meet me in the lobby in 5
I chuckled and locked my phone, going downstairs to meet Roman. I hope April likes what I'm getting her. Nothing to fancy, just how she likes it.
-Hours Later-
"Yeah could I get the whole pack?" I asked the clerk. I was at a local comic store and they had a whole pack of Harley Quinn comic books. I wiped out all of them. They were $30.00, but it's worth it for April.
"Where to next?" Roman asked as he hopped in the car. "Walmart." Roman gave me a crazy look but continued to drive there.

Roman pulled in the parking lot and parked. I threw my sunglasses on and pulled my hood over my head. "You cha stay here, I won't be long." I stepped out of the car and walked into Walmart. I went straight to the DVD section and grabbed all the TMNT things I could find. After, I walked to the register and cashed out my things. I walked out and headed towards Romans car when I stopped in my tracks. Crap, AJ was there..what was she doing here? Who cares about that, she can't see me!!

I quickly ran around the cars and made sure she was inside before sprinting to Roman's car. I slid in and let out a huge breath I was holding in. "What happened?" Roman chuckled. "I'll tell you on the way." I told him, trying to catch my breath.

AJ Lee's POV;
-RAW-
I stepped out of my rental car and held onto my duffle bag quickly as I entered the arena. I walked to me and Deans locker room and set my things down. Dean said he was hanging with Roman and would meet up at RAW. I turned on the TV just as RAW started. I heard the door open and looked to see Dean closing the door. "Hey babe." I got up and gave him a kiss.

He held my face in his hands, searching my eyes. "You okay?" He murmured, I slowly nodded and Dean pecked my lips. I retreated back to the couch and watched the show.

As I changed into my new ring attire, my heart was beating so fast, I thought it would pop out of my chest. I was wearing a new cut shirt that said, 'If I can't have you, no one can.' black shorts, pink+black knee chicks, 'Love Bites' socks and my bracelets and wristbands. I took out my baby and cradled it back and forth. "No matter what happens, mama always loves you." I kissed the pink butterfly and hugged it to my chest. I kept telling myself this WAS NOT the end of my title reign. But just in case, I had Dean take pictures of me and my baby. "Your gonna be fine, relax and just think of it as a normal match." Dean kissed the top of my head as the match before ours started. I nodded, making myself believe his words.

After the match ended, I stood up and wrapped my baby around my waist. Dean also stood up and gave me a long hug. "Don't worry, if you lose you'll get another shot. You'll do great and EVERYBODY believes in you." He whispered in my ear. I bit my lip, processing his words. He kissed me and sent me out the door. I walked to the curtain and saw Nikki and Brie just walking out.
I quickly did some stretches before it was time for my entrance.
Let's light it up, light it up, light it tonight, let's light it up...
I skipped out and raised my title high, thinking it could be my last. I skipped down the ramp and gave my baby a long kiss. I set it lightly on the apron and swiped my chucks, sliding into the ring. I clutched my title as Lillian announced our names. I kissed my title one last time and handed it to the ref.

The bell rang and the match started. I kept my eye on Brie as Nikki and I circled the ring.

-Later in the Match-
Nikki kicked me and propped me on her shoulders, but I wiggled myself out and slapped her. She stumbled, and I did a roundhouse kick. I grabbed her, getting ready to do the Black Widow, when a familiar theme song hit.

Look in my eyes, what do you see? The Cult Of Personality...
I dropped Nikki and turned towards the entrance, where CM Punk came out with a mic. "Did you miss me? I hoped you did because I certainly missed you. I'm back, to show you to NEVER underestimate CM Punk! Your better off with me, than that RAGING LUNATIC! And this is just the beginning of a LONG war." He dropped his mic and walked to the ring.

My eyes followed him, as he gave Brie a hug and she smiled. I scowled at her, and picked up a mic. "Punk, why are you doing-" I was cut off by a hit to the back of the head. My hands wrapped around my skull as I was lifted up. I couldn't move, I didn't have any energy. I felt myself being lifted onto Nikki's shoulders, I was done. I could hear the ref counting to 3, until the bell rang. Nikki pushed herself off me and I imagined her holding MY title in the air. Her music died down, and I managed to pull myself up slowly. I could hear the crowd cheering, and I plastered a fake smile on my face. I limped backstage and that's when I broke down. I can't believe Punk, he betrayed me. I thought we were friends..
I guess nothing lasts forever..
I trailed off to the locker room and saw Dean knocked out. I gasped, and held my head. I slowly knelt down and shook him, trying to get him to wake up. I sighed and stood up, grabbing a water bottle. I opened it and dumped it all on him, making him shoot out of his trance and jump up.

"You did amazing, babe. Don't worry about Punk, we'll get him back tomorrow on Smackdown. He'll know to NEVER mess with the names Dean Ambrose and AJ Lee." I lightly smiled at his words. "What happened to you?" I asked, switching the subject. "Punk punched me in the jaw before he came out to you. I'm sorry shortstack." He hugged me tight.
"It's alright, at least I still have you." I shook my head, trying to get the tears to stop flowing. "Go get changed and then I have a surprise for you, okay?" He brushed my hair out of my face and gave me one last kiss. I nodded and went into the bathroom to take a shower.

Dean Ambrose's POV;
This doesn't make sense at all. Why would Punk just appear out of the blue? Does he want April back? Well if he does, he's not having her. I felt bad for April, honestly. She dedicated her life to being Divas Champion and she gets manipulated by Nikki and Punk to lose. Well tomorrow night, they got Dean Ambrose coming for them.

April walked back out in sweats and a hoodie. I grabbed our bags and held her hand as we walked to the parking lot. On our way we passed John Cena, Dolph Ziggler, Naomi, and Roman. They all shot sympathetic looks towards April. I helped April into the car and opened the trunk to put our bags in. April's phone rang and I checked the call ID to see it was Kaitlyn.
I answered the call.
D- hello?
K- hey Dean is April there? I wanted to talk to her..
D- I don't think now is a good time Kaitlyn, she's still pretty upset.
K- okay that's fine, tell her I'm thinking of her.
D- I will
K- can we stop over tomorrow?
D- it depends on if April feels up to it, we still gotta go to Smackdown and kick some Authority ass
K- I'll be watching that, and I'm sorry about Punk. He didn't mention anything about showing up tonight, I'll break up with him.
D- it's not your fault Kaitlyn, I blame it all on him and the Authority. I just think it's weird how he's trying to get April back.
K- me too, I'll let ya go, your busy with April. Good luck.
D- bye
K- bye
I shut her phone off and climbed in. "Kaitlyn called and she wanted to check on you. She's stopping over tomorrow." I looked over to see April leaning against the window, her faint snores being heard softly. I chuckled to myself and pecked her forehead before driving to the hotel.
[i have been so excited to write this chapter, it's crazy. I have been also writing 2 more stories that I will start publishing soon. hope you guys thought his chapter was somewhat interesting, and it wasnt dull and boring😂 but OOH, Punk is out to try and get April back. I was trying to find somewhere to make him pop up, and he just fit in with this part😉 if you have any questions, I'll do a Q&A next chapter, so ask awayy🔮 bye💖]