Chapter 26

AJ Lee's POV;
I roamed the empty hallways, looking for someone to hang out with. Dean was busy having a meeting with Vince about some new storyline ideas, so I was a loner. "HEY APE!!" A familiar voice rang out. I turned around and saw Kaitlyn grinning at me. "KAITYPOO!" I squealed, running up to her. We hugged instantly. "I see you still have that death grip." She joked, which made me laugh.

"Got a match tonight?" She asked as we walked down the hallways. "I'm on commentary for the Divas Match. I think it's Brie vs Nattie." I said. Kaitlyn nodded and we walked to catering together. "So, I'm actually am announcing something to everybody tonight on RAW." Kaitlyn said as we sat down at an empty table. "Really? What?" I asked, tapping my hands against the table. "You'll have to wait and see." She smirked at me. I groaned, she knows I hate surprises.

-Later On-
"Is this all you guys talk about? The Divas? Really? Wow." I joked. JBL continued carrying on how Brie was going to win and blah blah blah. Michael was trying to ask me questions but Jerry kept arguing with him. I ignored all of them and watched the match closely.
Brie was dominating against Nattie ever since Nattie became distracted by Nikki who was at ringside. Right as Brie yelled "BRIE MODE!" I jumped out of my chair and sprung towards Nikki. I speared her onto the steel steps and began hitting her with my 'baby'. Brie looked over at us which was enough to have Nattie win. I jumped off Nikki and rolled into the ring. Brie noticed me coming, but I hit her in the face and performed a flying DDT off the ropes.

I raised my title as the crowd roared. I slid out of the ring and went backstage. "Hey shortstack." A voice mumbled in my ear. I turned around and saw Dean. "Hey baby." I smiled and gave him a kiss. We walked down the hall to our locker room. "So, you have a match tonight?" I asked Dean after I changed into my street clothes. "Nope, but Punk does." He smirked. "What are you gonna do now?" I groaned, putting my head in my hands.
"Gonna do something I did back in the day." Was all he said before he disappeared out of the room. I turned the TV on to see Kaitlyn coming out. I turned the volume up.

Kaitlyn's POV;
This was so hard for me to say, but it had to be done. I smiled at the crowd and shook some of their hands. I grabbed a mic and went in the ring. I waited for the cheers to die down before I spoke.
"When I first came to WWE with AJ, we didn't know anything. We didn't know what we were getting ourselves into. But ever since I've been here, I've learned so much. I've learned to work hard and follow your dreams, just like I did. I've also learned to know who your true friends are. And I certainly know one of them, AJ. We've been through so much in WWE. From being on NXT, to coming here and getting lost so many times in the arenas, to both being Divas Champions. Your my favorite converse wearing, comic book reading, video game playing nerd. I'm gonna miss all those late night ice cream runs, to all the times you've beaten me in 2K15, and to the 1,000 times we've played hide and go seek in stores. As of right now, I'm announcing my retirement from WWE." I let the mic drop to my side as u took in the crowds reactions.

"This is really hard for me to say since I gave my life to this, I worked my ass off for this opportunity and I'm letting it go. But, everybody must wake up from their dreams and face reality. But just remember, I'm lot afraid to come bake randomly and spear the shit out of someone if necessary." I joked, which made the crowd chuckle.
"This may seem like goodbye, but apart of me will always be here in WWE. And AJ, this is CERTAINLY not goodbye. It's just 'See you Soon'. ChickBusters forever! Farewell my fellow nerds, from your favorite two toned, 8th milita, chick." I dropped the mic and raised my hand in the air.
"Let's go Kaitlyn!" Cheers rang throughout the arena. As I walked backstage for my last time, I sighed and took a breath in. I couldn't bear to see anybody or say goodbye so I left immediately.

AJ Lee's POV;
My mouth dropped as soon as the words left Kaitlyn's mouth. This was her surprise? I was completely shocked and frozen. All these emotions ran through my head. As Kaitlyn went backstage, I ran to the curtain to see if I could meet her there. I looked around for her but couldn't find her.

I turned around and ran into Roman. "Hey, Ro." I nodded in his direction. He handed something to me. A letter.."It's a letter from Kaitlyn she wanted me to give to you. She left right after she finished her speech. Didn't wanna say goodbye to anybody." He told me before walking off. I stared at the letter for awhile, deciding to open it in the Locker Room.

Dear Apes,
I'm honestly on the verge of tears writing this letter to you now. I can't believe that this AMAZING journey is now coming to an end. I've made so many amazing memories with you that I'll never forget. Your my favorite TMNT watching buddy.
From your ChickBuster Kaitlyn
P.S. I'm better @ video games then you

I chuckled at the last part, which was so not true, but whatevs. I put the letter down and sighed. I looked at the TV to see Dean sprawled out ontop of cinderblocks, while Seth, Punk and Kane stood above him...

[sorry if this chapter is boring but it's a filler bc next chapter is amazing🙈 hope you guys like it!! btw, who's excited for total divas tonight? mee🙋]