「the pillars, the master, the decision」

第十一话

Akiho smelled it just as she reached the manor.

Laced between the heavy scent of wisteria, the other scent was so strong, so intoxicating that her grip on the kakushi who was carrying her tightened involuntarily. 

"H-Hey!" the kakushi cried, "What gives?!"

Jumping off of the confused kakushi, she ran towards the scent before he could stop her. Even with a blindfold on, she followed her nose. S-Stop...! she tried to will her body to stop while tearing off the blindfold, but she couldn't get her legs to stop moving. It was drawn to find the person who possessed such strong marechi.

Was the person hurt? Was it Oyakata-sama?

Even though the thought of feasting on human blood repulsed her greatly, she still couldn't help her body's natural reaction to be drawn towards such rare blood.

"Shit...!" the kakushi cursed and ran behind Akiho, but she was too fast. She's half-demon! Is she trying an attack? The pillars are there...!

At the gathering, the pillars all sensed the girl running towards them before she appeared with a dazed look. "Ma...Marechi..." she muttered as her senses became jumbled at the even stronger scent hitting her nose. Her golden eyes darted around and found the source; a white haired man was bleeding from a cut on his forearm intending to bait Nezuko. However, she couldn't make another move as the Flame Pillar appeared behind her and apprehended her. She twisted slightly but did her best to not resist.

"My body... Moves on its own when there is marechi blood being spilled... It's involuntarily attracted to it," she breathed out an explanation. She cursed her body for being like a magnet to marechi blood because it makes people misunderstand her intentions. "I use this to track and find. I have no desire to harm, I swear."

"Mm! I don't sense bloodlust from you," Kyoujurou nodded. "But I cannot let you go right now."

He knew that Sanemi possessed one of the rarest of marechi blood and it would make anyone with even the slightest bit of demon in them go crazy; which, he was sure the others were as well, made him impressed by Nezuko's sheer will to resist.

Akiho nodded and raised her head to take in what was happening before she had interrupted. The younger Kamado seemed have been stabbed three times and was standing before the Wind Pillar with her head turned to the side, resisting his blood. Tanjirou was battered with multiple wounds and cuts on his body and face, but his eyes showed relief and then surprise when he saw Akiho kneeling there.

"What just happened?" Ubuyashiki Kagaya, better known as Oyakata-sama and the head of the Demon Slayer Corps, asked with a small smile. He was blind, and there was a large curse mark that spread from the top of his forehead down to his eyes. His daughters Hinaki and Nichika stood besides him as a guide.