「goodnight」

第八话

"Here is your meal."

The five demon slayers stared at each other in awkward silence. Genya and Akiho were seated across from Tanjirou, Zenitsu, and Inosuke.

"We ended up in the same room..."

Seeing as the five seemed to recognize each other, the old lady had mistaken them for acquaintances and brought their dinner into a shared room so they could catch up and enjoy each other's company. Tanjirou didn't seem to mind, of course, but Genya and Inosuke had plenty of things to say since the latter kept wanting to fight the former and the former wanted nothing to do with any of these people here. It was enough that Akiho had become his tag-along and he didn't care for the others. Especially not the guy who broke his arm a month ago.

Akiho was having a hard time on her own, seeing as the blonde became weirdly blissful in her presence and would not stop calling out to get her attention.

"Akiho-chan~ Akiho-chaaaaaan~" he sang. "Do you like salmon? Here, I'll give you half of my portion too!"

"Th...Thank you..." she accepted his graciousness with surprise, not one refuse food since she had a large appetite. Zenitsu prodded his two fingers together bashfully at her acceptance of his food. There were literal flowers blooming around his person as he appeared completely love-struck.

"I-I will give you more if you want!"

It was so foreign to receive such kindness that she became overjoyed, "You're very kind."

"Wuahhhh!! Marry me, Akiho-chan!" he said shamelessly after seeing her smile and reached over to grab her hands. "I'm not going to live very long so it's better to have a beautiful girl to become my wife before I pass—"

"You're scaring her, Zenitsu! Stop asking random girls to marry you!" Tanjirou dragged the boy back by his yukata collar with a scolding face. He didn't need a repeat of the first time they met at the side of the road when he was begging a girl to marry him!

"Fight me after you're done eating!" Inosuke taunted Genya between stuffing his face with salmon, tempura, and rice. He quickly swiped some food from Tanjirou's plate and gave him a smug grin as well, "You too, Konpachirou! I demand a rematch!"

"I told you that's not my name!" Tanjirou was exasperated. He couldn't believe these two were acting so rude and unruly in front of the other two demon slayers. They must think so poorly of them! He turned to Akiho and Genya with an apologetic look, "I'm so sorry about this! Akiho-san, was it? And..."

Despite the maroon-haired male's directed gaze at him, Genya refused to acknowledge his question and only continued to eat his food.

"It's Shinazugawa Genya," Akiho supplemented instead, eliciting an irk mark on Genya's forehead while she continued to speak to Tanjirou.