「grow」

第三十三话

"I don't wannnnnnnnaaaaa!"

Genya could only sigh as he attempted to tune the blonde slayer out. Just how did he get stuck with him of all people? After sharing a life-and-death situation with Tanjirou at the Swordsmiths Village, he finally accepted the friendly male as a friend, but he didn't think his acceptance would extend to the marked slayer's friends (certainly not the blonde crybaby). However, he knew it would disappoint everyone if he insisted on being so standoffish when they were all suppose to work together from this point on.

"I'm going to die soon anyway! I don't wanna train anymoreee! Tell my wife Nezuko I died honorably!"

But really, there's only so much he can take.

"QUIT WHINING!" Genya slapped the slayer upside the head in a fit of annoyance. Irk marks could be seen all over his face and his glare was enough to send the blonde over the edge.

"EEEEEEEK! You're still so crude! I feel so bad for Akiho-chan who has to put up with you!!"

"What does Akiho have anything to do with this?!" he shouted back with his fist in the air. He liked to think that he's changed a lot in his ways of dealing with people, but something about Zenitsu always accusing him of being mean to Akiho made him angry (and embarrassed, since he did used to be mean to her). "She doesn't have to 'put up with me' because our relationship is great! JUST FINE!"

There was an abrupt pause, and then the shock and disbelief from listening to that claim was displayed clearly on Zentisu's face. He even threw in a look of pity, like he commended him for trying. "You don't have to lie, you know. Even if it takes a lot to make a girl like you, it's good that you haven't given up. The key is persistence."

Genya's eyes twitched. Zenitsu was totally getting the wrong idea. It wasn't like he was vying for Akiho's attention or anything, they were merely friends! Good friends at that! She was a good friend who he liked to hug and hold hands with!

Right, sure, his inner self scoffed.

...But why was he trying to rationalize his relationship with the half-demon girl when it was none of the blonde's business?! Genya wanted so bad to hit Zenitsu again, but they were close to the next pillar's estate already so he held it in. Just focus on training.

If he remembered correctly, according to the schedule they were at the—

"NO ONE TOLD ME! NO ONE TOLD ME WE WERE HEADING TO THE LOVE PILLAR'S ESTATE!"

"Wh-What's wrong with you?!" Genya growled but the blonde had regained all of his energy and ran full speed ahead even though he was so adamant earlier about not training anymore. "Oi!"