「a pair of vermilion wings」

第三十话

Gyokko was extremely offended. For a demon as great as him was being ignored by this insolent swordsmith. How could he be so focused on finishing that crappy piece of rusted metal instead of the true artist that was standing behind him?

But as an artist, Gyokko was jealous that the man could concentrate so hard on his work as he hadn't been able to achieve that.

I can't lose to him!

Summoning another pot into his hands, he released a fish minion to finish the swordsmith off. The demon got one slice in when the other swordsmith laying on the side with a previous wound ran to cover the concentrating man. Agh! I want to kill his concentration—!

Gyokko moved to the side just as a sword whizzed by from behind him and impaled itself into his fish minion's pot before it could deal another blow to the swordsmiths. The upper moon raised his brows with anger. He was ignoring the other slayer that came to the scene because he had been so pissed at the swordsmith, but now he figured he'll have to deal with this nuisance after all.

"You all seriously piss me off—"

The glowing anger from a pair of golden eyes and a fist was the first thing Gyokko saw before he was punched in the face. The sickening sound of flesh being punched through and bones cracking echoed in the hut but his assailant wasted no time to grab her sword on the ground and unleashed another attack.

"Blood Demon Sword Art: Blood Dance!"

Gyokko ducked into his pot as the sword nearly sliced him, and he was forced to continuously retreat and reappear as soon as another pot spawned. She's fast! he thought as the girl pinpointed his next location with perfect precision. It was like she was dancing and didn't miss a step.

"You move pretty fast, just like that pillar!" he called out and quickly and unleashed an attack in front of him. It'll hit the swordsmiths if the slayer didn't stop to save them—but of course she did. Gyokko took in her full appearance now that she stopped in front of him to deflect it. Memories from Muzan flooded into his mind and he recognized the girl, "Wait, you're that half-demon! I didn't except to meet you so quick... This is good!"

"Shut up!" the slayer growled and dashed at him again. The hatred and concentration in her eyes were pretty scary. But those eyes... They're mirror images.

"Hyo hyo, I see it now! Don't take it personal, but it's a pity you look like that traitor Suzaku," Gyokko rubbed his hand under his chin. "He's definitely not a good looking demon—unlike me!"

The upper moon's words made Akiho's eyes widen. There was no telling if the demon was just taunting her—no, he was definitely taunting her, but why would he be spouting out such nonsense about her looking like someone else? Who is this 'Suzaku'?