「prologue」

◐ ◑ ◒ ◓

Dear Oyakata-sama,

I am writing to inform you of an anomaly I encountered 15 years ago and also an apology for keeping you in the dark for so long.

     After retirement, I encountered a demon in a village who has lived for over 500 years, but he was unlike any other demon I have ever faced. He proclaimed that he has not eaten human flesh for 200 years and was of no threat to human society, though I did not believe him at the time and engaged in battle. He was oddly hesitant, like he did not wish to harm me, and he wasn't as strong as a demon that has lived for centuries should be. We struggled for quite a while and it was only due to nearing of the break of dawn did the demon become rushed and I ultimately got an opening to slash my sword down on his neck. It was with his last dying breath did he disclose to me of his situation.

     The demon, it seemed, had fallen in love with a human woman and had lived with her in harmony for over 10 years. I was shocked when he spoke of his human wife's then-current pregnancy, and the demon's dying wish was for me to watch over her—and his unborn child. However the possibility of a human carrying a demon hybrid ran chills down my spine and I only agreed to keep an eye on his wife so that if a situation where a demon baby was born with bloodlust arose I can quickly dispose of it. The wife had been just days away from labor and perhaps it was the strong scent of the unborn hybrid child that lured other demons to her. I regret not having been able to save her from being killed by a demon while I was ambushed by several others, but I managed to defeat all of them before the woman could be consumed. The horrible sight of the woman's stomach being gashed open was almost masked by my shock that the child within her was still alive—the baby girl looked every bit a human as a human child could look. I did not have the heart to dispose of the child and took her in.

     Now, years later, the demon hybrid child has not shown that she is capable of consuming human flesh—I made sure of that—and she seemed to possess normal human thought and morals, and can even bear the sun for some amount of time. The demon-like traits within her seemed to only be limited to her ability to heal faster, though more serious wounds still take time and I am certain that anything fatal to a human will also kill her...

     But Oyakata-sama, the purpose of this letter is also a selfish request of mine that I hope you will grant. After decades of slaying demons and harboring a strong sense of revulsion towards them, this demon hybrid child has changed my view. She knows of her origin and is still adamant about becoming a demon slayer to defeat the immoral half of her kind. Which is why... I wish to ask for your permission to allow this child to participate in next year's Final Selection. She is inept in learning Breath Styles but due to her being half-demon, she is able to merge a kind of Blood Demon Art with her swordsmanship. This child may be the key to defeating Kibutsuji Muzan, the wretched demon who caused all of this grief on humankind, and give hope for the possibility that one day demons and humans may coexist. The demon father, if I had not slain him, may have been the very first example of this, but his past was still unforgivable. This child is different, for she has not shown the same type of bloodlust since birth, and I hope that you may find it in your heart to allow her to prove it to you through her contributions as a demon slayer.

     Her name is Akiho, chosen for her ability to withstand the rising sun and her innate sense to protect humankind.

I pray for your health and happiness, and will you forever prosper.

     Higashikuze Musashi, former Stone Pillar. 

◐ ◑ ◒ ◓

鬼滅の刃

hiiii so I can't help myself and started a new story

hiiii so I can't help myself and started a new story. let's pray for my sanity because I'm still trying to finish my knb and bnha oc stories lmao. but after finishing the first season of kny I was left empty and sad so here is my attempt to fill my empty soul and hopefully no one dies (ㆁωㆁ*)