「move forward」

第十九话

"Himejima-san!" Genya greeted the Stone Pillar when the man returned from a summon to the Butterfly Estate. While he wasn't given the specifics, he hoped it was related to the alarming message that they received earlier. Akiho was missing, and there was talk that she went rogue. He hoped that she was okay, but he was unsure how okay he would be if he lost someone as important as Kyoujurou was to the girl. "Is everything okay? What's happening to...to the demon slayer who's missing...?"

"You do not need to concern yourself with it. Two pillars have been sent out to find her," Gyoumei addressed while praying silently. "Train so that you become stronger. Not only have we lost someone valuable, we have lost significant power. The Corps must be built up again, and quickly."

"But..." Genya trailed off when the large man turned to leave the conversation as that. He did not wish to argue with his master, but he was worried. Looking up, he could see his crow flying around with his master's before settling on a branch near him.

He was spending some time at the Stone Pillar's estate to train in the mountain since he has not been assigned to any missions, anyway. The crow was just idling around.

"Hey crow!" he called out to the bird. "Come here!"

He only earned a dismissive squawk in response, but then he remembered what Akiho had told him in one of their conversations from before.

"Yatsu's gotten nicer now that I offer him food. He even delivers my letters to Master Musashi."

"...I'll give you ohagi in return?" he tried gruffly. The crow's interest was immediately piqued and flew down to perch on his shoulder. He had the urge to both rejoice and strangle the shallow crow. Letting out a sigh, he continued.

"You know Akiho's crow, right? Go find him and maybe that'll lead you to her... Or help the pillars in their search... Just... Do something!"

The crow stared at him with her beady eyes before beating her wings and hitting his face.

"Oi, what the hell—!"

"Three ohagi! Three!" she demanded before taking off.

At the Butterfly Estate, Zenitsu was wandering around the halls idly to stretch his legs. It's been a few days since the Infinity Train incident and since all three of them cried for the loss of the Flame Pillar. He knew Tanjirou was more depressed than anyone because he was just that kind of person; someone who cares deeply for others. He and Inosuke had cried really hard as well from the frustration of watching such a strong and capable person die.