2 » traitor

After arriving at the office you were supposed to be in, you looked at it up and down before taking a deep breath after pushing the handle down.

Once in, you slowly closed the door only to hear a faint chuckle, making your eyebrows knit together in frustration.

I know who that laugh belongs too... You thought, eventually turning around.

"Well, well, well... Look who it is." The voice sang, making you scoff.

"Oh, Furuta," You chuckled, crossing your arms over your chest, "What do you want?"

He looked amused at your question.

"What do I want?" He repeated, now sitting up correctly in his desk chair.

You nodded.

He only laughed and replied, "I want for you to be gone."

Raising an eyebrow with your arms crossed over your chest, you defended yourself, "Excuse me? Why's that?"

He beckoned for you to come over with his finger. Reluctantly, you made your way over to his desk and sat down at the chair opposite it.

"Why is that, you ask?" He questioned with that annoying smirk that he always had on his face. It made you want to stand up from your seat and slap him so hard across the face, that the red mark you would leave would cover it.

"Yes. I asked why is that." You muttered through gritted teeth.

"Oh, Y/n," He begun, making you learn forward in your seat, "You know I've always hated you... Me and you never used to get along, and I doubt we will now."

Furuta and you never had a great history. In meetings, you two would constantly argue about who's idea is right or who's idea is better. And he always judged you for being a ghoul, and saying that he would soon eradicate you. You always used to laugh and say it back to him because only you know he's secretly a ghoul.

Day after day after day he would annoy the hell out of you. And you would purposely do it back to him.

You forced a smile and stated, "I hate you too, Furuta~"

He chuckled lightly at your response.

"Your a ghoul. So go back to where you belong." Furuta snickered.

You laughed, "My home? Because that's where I belong. And so what if I'm a ghoul? Your a ghoul too!"

Furuta suddenly looked shocked at what you had just said to him. "H-how did you-"

"How did I know?" You quickly cut him off, only for him to nod his head.

"Oh please. You do a bad job at covering important things up." You scoffed, making him glare at you.

"I still don't understand how you found out..." He muttered.

"Do you know anything about ghouls?" You questioned, "We do have a certain smell, you know."

"Oh..." He said slowly, allowing the situation to sink in.

"So can I get the job or not?" You asked.

"No," He smirked, "You think we'd let you back in after what you did? You must be insane if you do. I honestly have no clue how you even got into the building."

Sighing, you replied, "It's not hard, you know? Just give me the damn job and I'll leave you alone."

"Unfortunately I can't do that," Furuta grinned, "You are most likely to do cases with me if I do hire you. Besides, aren't you worried about what people think?"