10 » captured

cαpturєd: tαkíng íntσ σnє's pσssєssíσn σr cσntrσl вч fσrcє.

╚»★«╝

-

With a heart that was completely shattered, you looked up at your lover with a sad expression, unsure of what to say, for you thought that the words you wanted to say would make him sad.

But the truth was...

You couldn't save him.

No one could.

Not even himself.

No matter how hard you reached out to him, he would just keep falling backwards, into a deep pit of dispair.

No matter how hard you tried your best to save him from his growing nightmares, they would just appear in his head again.

Ken Kaneki was completely broken.

Inside and out.

His heart was shattered, and his appearance was empty, no emotion in his eyes. No spark of life whatsoever. No will to live at all. Nothing. Just... Emptiness.

You doubted he even felt any emotion.

Sobs and sniffles could be heard, so you averted your gaze to a crying Kaneki, who was desperately trying to wipe away his cold tears from his face, as it resembled weakness in his eyes.

"Kaneki..." You whispered, now finding your voice. But your thoughts were spiraling out in all different directions.

He ignored you and completely broke down in front of you, falling to his knees as his kakuja turned into red dust, along with his mask that was on his face before.

The dangerous ghoul grabbed his white hair and started pulling harshly at it, small screams of desperation and pain leaving his mouth. More ice cold tears splattered onto the floor, staining it slightly.

You were shocked just looking at him. What had he got himself into? Was he always like this?

Not knowing what else to do, you quickly looked behind you to make sure no one was there, and when there was no one, got down on your knees and went over to Kaneki.

As he continued to cry, you sighed sadly and wrapped your arms around him carefully, allowing him to cry onto your shoulder, which he did almost immediately.

Not caring that he was making your CCG coat damp, you tangled your fingers into his snowy white locks and whispered soothing words into his ear, attempting to call him down.

After his cries for help turned into sniffles, you detached your fingers from his hair and pushed him back gently by his shoulders, now making eye contact with him.

He stared back, eyes droopy.

A small smile tugged at your lips, as you didn't really know what to say.

He, however, didn't return it, for he unfortunately didn't know how to. A smile to him seemed like an impossible dream that was unlikely to come true.

Knowing this, you let go of his shoulder and poked the corners of his lips, moving them up slightly so that his lips were curved into a nice smile.

He chuckled slightly as you grinned, now letting go of his mouth, only for him to grab your hands.

You glanced down and examined his black nails, that had bits of dry blood around them.

Despite everything he's been through... He was strong and managed to survive.

"Run away with me." He whispered with pleading eyes.

Gasping, you quickly looked up at him and immediately shook your head. "I-i... We can't!"

Kaneki cocked his head to the side in a confused manner, "Huh? W-why?"

Breathing in the brisk air, you then exhaled after and said quietly, "We can't because... I have a job... And... They will be sure to track us down!"

Kaneki looked upset, but nodded, knowing what you were saying was true.

"I just... Want to be with you forever." He said, gazing deeply into your e/c orbs that were now filled with tears.

"I... Want to be with you too, Kaneki, I really do... I'm... Sorry it had to end up like this." You muttered, now taking your hands out of his grasp and standing up.

He looked up at you with a pleading look, making you gulp and try to hide your tears.

"Don't do this... Don't leave me again... Do you realize how broken I feel everytime you leave? Do you realize how scared you leave me? You have no idea how I feel... I feel useless, hopeless..." Kaneki explained, now clenching his fists in his lap as he looked down at them, more tears flowing out of his eyes.

Picking your quinque up from the ground, you inhaled and pointed it in front of you, so that the sharp point was aiming straight at Kaneki's head, making him glance up at you with wide, scared grey eyes.

"I, Investigator L/n have full custody over you now, eyepatch. I will declare you mine and take you to cochlea for further investigation. Any questions you do not answer will be forced out of you. Do you understand?" You asked, acting professional. After all, it was unfortunately your job. Really, it pained you to do this, but what choice did you have? No one in the world can live happily ever after. No one at all.

"Y-y/n...?" Kaneki stuttered, confused at your sudden change of behaviour.

"Don't call me that." You hissed. It pained you to speak to him like this, but you had to do what you had to do.

"Get up." You demanded, and Kaneki immediately scrambled up, his whole body shaking with fear of what might happen to him.

Then, you went behind him and prodded him with your quinque, making him jolt forward.

"Walk forward." You ordered firmly, so, reluctantly, he did as he was told, scowling as he slowly slumped forward, flinching as you pressed the quinque tightly onto his back.

I'm sorry. You thought, the two of you emerging from behind Aogiri's hideout.

It was then, you yelled, "I HAVE FULL CUSTODY OVER EYEPATCH HERE, HE HAS BEEN CAPTURED BY ME, INVESTIGATOR L/N! ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED BY ME BACK AT THE CCG HEADQUARTERS!"

It was then known that you had caught eyepatch, had full custody over him, and that he was going to be taken into cochlea, where he would spend his time.

However, a single thought in your mind kept replaying itself...

In sorry, Kaneki...