44 » plans

oh my god, i haven't updated in absolutely ages. i do apologize, i just have not had any motivation for this book at all. please forgive me, i have just been so unmotivated.

anyways, im back with another chapter.

-

You stared at Juuzou, taking in everything he had just told you.

He was right. Everything he had said to you was right. You just didn't know how to respond.

So, you stepped closer to him with a smirk on your face. It was time to tell him the obvious truth.

"Juuzou," You begun, "People change, I have changed. It's normal. Look, I'm a mother of two twins now, that changed me."

The small, black haired boy stared at you, an emotion that you were unable to decipher flashing through his red eyes.

"I know..." He whispered, looking downwards so that his long bangs were covering his eyes. What caught you off guard was when his lips tugged into a devilish, insane smirk.

He then finished off his sentence whilst still staring at the floor. "But you haven't changed in a good way."

"I have!" You immediately defended yourself.

"Please, you were better than this." He spat, crossing his arms over his chest as he moved his head upwards to look you in the eyes.

"No, Juuzou... You've got it all wrong. I was worse, I was bad... I often lost control."

"That's just what all ghouls do, Y/n."

"Not all of them, Juuzou. Some ghouls are calm and collected, not like I used to be."

"That was the Y/n I used to know," Juuzou sighed, "I don't like who you've become."

You looked at him with sad eyes before whispering, "And I don't like who you've become either. Where's the Juuzou I knew? My best friend."

Juuzou stepped closer with a wide smirk on his face before answering, "He's dead, Y/n. The Juuzou you once knew is dead, along with the Y/n I once knew."

The two of you stared at each other for what seemed to be forever, emotions flashing through both of your eyes all at once.

"Why are you here?" You finally asked, wanting to sound strong, but all that came out was a faint, weak whisper.

The small boy in front of you scoffed, "So now you ask?"

Not really knowing what to reply with, you just nodded your head.

"How would I not be here? This is a perfect opportunity to eradicate ghouls. Just look around this place, it's filled with them!"

Looking around (despite already knowing who was there), you glanced at everyone before your eyes landed on you lover who was looking over at you with a worried expression washed all over his face.

It was Juuzou's cackle that forced you to tear your eyes away from Haise and look back at Juuzou.

"They're all going to be dead soon enough, they don't stand a chance."

All ghouls in the small coffee shop growled then glared at Juuzou, causing him to laugh.

"You think I'm scared of you? Please, I've never been scared of ghouls, never."

"Shut up!" It was Touka's voice that was filled with rage that caused everyone in the shop to look at her.

She was glaring at Juuzou, her eyes already blood red and midnight black.