18 » truth

truth: thє quαlítч σr stαtє σf вєíng truє.

╚»★«╝
-

"Oh Y/n, stop fainting, would you?"

That familiar voice immediately made your eyes flutter open.

Groaning slightly, you allowed your eyes to get used to the bright lights in the room as you slowly stretched your limbs.

It was then your eyes widened.

You were in the CCG's hospital room.

"Oh, your awake." The familiar voice said with a chuckle.

You turned your head and gasped at the sight you saw.

Your best friend since childhood, (Friend's name) was sat at her desk, her usual smile plastered on her face.

"(F-friend's name...?)" You stuttered.

She looked up from her computer only to look at you.

"Y/n." She grinned.

"It's really you?" You asked, thinking you were having a weird dream.

"Well of course it is! Who else would it be? There's only one me." (Friend's name) chuckled.

"I forgot you still work here..." You whispered, rubbing your temples lightly.

"Ah, a reunion here again, hm old friend?" (Friend's name) laughed, standing up to walk over to the side of your hospital bed.

"Mh... Why am I here again? What happened?" You groaned.

"You don't remember?" Your friend asked, looking down at you with a worried expression.

You glanced up at her and just shook your head slowly.

"Well, Akira found you passed out on the floor of your office, I think it was? Anyway, she bought you here last night." (Friends name) exclaimed.

"Oh, now that makes sense." You laughed slightly.

"Do you know why you fainted?" Your friend asked you with a raised eyebrow.

Your mind traveled back to as much as you could remember yesterday, but nothing would come into your mind.

"Uh... No." You said, rubbing the nape of your neck in embarrassment.

"Hm, that's a shame. I needed to know. Oh well." (Friend's name) muttered, a smile now replacing her frown.

"Well... I think I'll be able to visit you during my shifts, don't you?" You asked with a grin.

"Yes... I'd like that. I'd like that a lot." (Friend's name) replied, her hand now landing on top of yours. When her eyes suddenly held seriousness, you knew you had to listen to her.

"What's wrong?" You asked as her hand tightened around yours.

"I'm sorry about what happened to... You know who." She whispered, sadness clouding in her e/c eyes.

"It's... Okay..." You whispered, unsure of what to say.

"I hope it will all work out." She smiled, then, she looked down at your stomach that now had a medium sized bump in it.

"How is it?" She asked, giggling as she poked it gently.

You chuckled and replied, "Hurting me. It keeps kicking me. Lots."

"So you don't know what gender it is yet?" She asked.

"No, I have to wait a while longer." You responded, patting your stomach gently.