14 » sorry...

sσrrч: fєєlíng sαd σr dístrєssєd thrσugh sчmpαthч wíth sσmєσnє єlsє's mísfσrtunє.

╚»★«╝

-

After walking out of the cell's, immediate guilt washed over you, making you feel sick and dizzy, so much that you were practically stumbling with every step you took.

Biting your lip, you closed your eyes and inhaled, persuading yourself that it was the only thing you could do. It was for his own good.

After opening your eyes again, you retraced your steps from earlier, arriving in a corridor.

Your eyes scanned the floor in hope for your wedding ring and engagement ring that you threw across the floor... But it wasn't there.

But who would've taken it? You thought, slumping over slightly.

It was then you smelt a sweet presence from behind you, making you tense up slightly, the hairs on your back and neck now standing up.

"Stop acting like a statue." The voice chuckled.

Spinning around, you were faced with a blonde haired investigatior, who was smiling at you.

"Investigatior Mado." You said, bowing politely after.

She chuckled and replied, "We're alone. You can call me Akira, Y/n- Chan."

Smiling, you stood up straight and nodded.

"Why are you here?" You asked out of interest.

Akira stepped closer to you and held out a clenched fist, signalling for you to hold out both of your hands palms upwards.

"I wanted to give you something that I found. It may be important to you." She exclaimed as you held out your palms.

"Close your eyes." She giggles playfully.

Rolling your eyes, you allowed a chuckle to surpass your lips before you sealed your eyes shut.

It was then you felt some cold metal touch the palms of your hands, making you jolt slightly.

A smile spread at your lips as you instantly knew what it was.

"Do you know what it is?" Akira asked after you slowly opened your e/c eyes.

"My rings." You said happily, glancing down at your engagement ring and wedding ring that were reunited with you again.

Akira smiled and watched as you carefully placed them on your left hand, then holding it up so you could examine them on your finger.

"Perfect..." You whispered sadly.

Akira's eyes softened as she exclaimed, "I... Found them on the floor for some reason. I knew they were yours, so I took them in order to give it back to you."

"Yeah... An incident happened." You muttered, rubbing the nape of your neck in embarrassment.

Akira chuckled, "I think I may have an idea..."