12 » remember?

rєmєmвєr: hαvє ín σr вє αвlє tσ вríng tσ σnє's mínd αn αwαrєnєss σf (sσmєσnє σr sσmєthíng frσm thє pαst)

╚»★«╝
manga spoilers: chapter picture.
⚠️

-

"Did that answer your question?" You asked with a frown, folding your arms over your chest.

Kaneki blinked at your before nodding his head. Almost as if thinking that you wouldn't answer his question.

"We can either do this the easy way, or the hard way." You breathed, watching as your kagune faded into red dust before your eyes.

The white haired ghoul in front of you smirked insanely at you, all of his sharp teeth showing as he allowed a loud laugh to erupt from his throat just like a volcano.

Backing away a bit, you moved your eyes to his face to see that his eyes had now grown dark with anger.

"Oh, Y/n... Your sooo naive~" Kaneki sang, licking his lips as he eyed you up and down, stepping closer to you; however, you didn't back away and just allowed him to come closer to you.

Once he was near you, he leaned down to your ear, his warm and uneasy breathe sending shivers shooting down your spine immediately.

He stayed like that before whispering, "There is no easy way with me..." His voice made your knees feel weak, but you managed to shakily breath out.

"Well then..." You whispered back, staring up at him with a smirk, "Looks like we'll have to do this the hard way."

Kaneki looked amused at your reply and nodded.

"You will have to try and catch me~" He sung.

Rolling your eyes, you asked, "How old are you, five?"

Kaneki grinned in an odd manner and cracked his finger, the sound echoing.

"All I wanted to do was take you into cochlea..." You muttered, staring at him in disbelief.

"All you wanted to do? Are you sure that's all you wanted to do? I don't believe you. You... Traitor... Knowing that this is your job now, you will probably tie me up to a chair and torture me all over again. Yes? That's what you would do. Make me scream and beg in pain as you mercilessly rip all of my fingers and toes off!" Kaneki screamed.

Silence lingered in the air for a few moments as you didn't know how to reply.

Kaneki only scoffed at you, "See? You have nothing to say to me. I can tell that your already planning on how to make me loose my mind."

Without realising, you shouted, "You've already lost your mind! Look at you! No human or ghoul acts in the way you do!!!!"

Kaneki stared blankly at you, then lowered his head, almost as if ashamed in himself.

After realising what you just said, you gasped and covered your mouth with both of your hands. "I- no... I didn't mean that."

"No, it's fine. I have lost my mind..." Kaneki muttered, a lone tear slipping down his cheek as he finally looked at you in the eyes.

"Kaneki..." You whispered, feeling tears well up in your eyes. The sight of Kaneki crying in front of you made your heart shatter and made you feel as if you would cry.

He smiled weakly at you. "I love you."

Instead of saying it back, which you usually would do, you walked over to him and shoved him in the chest. You were beyond angry.

The reason? You had just remembered when the two of you had a big argument that he said that he would never come and find you, and that he didn't want you.

Only to say he loves you now?

Lies. Didn't think I remembered that, did you? You thought with narrow eyes.

"What was that for!?" Kaneki yelled in shock as you shoved him harder, so hard that he flew into a wall.

"Ah! What has- what has gotten into you!?" Kaneki asked, lifting his head up.

You smirked at him, tapping your chin as if trying to think of an answer.

"Don't you remember?" You asked, now stoping in front of him.

"Remember what?" Kaneki asked with an eyebrow raised.

"When we had an argument..." You muttered, looking anywhere but his clueless eyes.

You heard a small gasp escape Kaneki's lips, making your gaze fix back into him.

"Hm? Remember now?" You hummed.

"I... Forget I said anything. I didn't mean it." Kaneki panicked.

Half of you wanted to forgive him, but the other half of you knew he was lying.

So you didn't forgive him.

"Ah, what a bunch of lies that just came out of your mouth just then." You hissed, glaring at Kaneki.

"Y-y/n, they... They weren't lies! I love you! I want to run away with you!" Then, he glanced down at your stomach with a painful expression, "I... Want our child to be happy."

You stopped to think for a moment. The expression he held in his face did look sincere... But then again, he wouldn't of said those things if he didn't mean it.

"I love you too, Kaneki. I can't deny that." You started, "But... You did say those things. And you meant them..."

Kaneki looked at you, "I didn't, Y/n! Why don't you believe me?"

Your blood boiled in your body as you felt on fire. You were about to explode. He was really messing with you.

Without thinking about your actions, you immediately reached for your left hand and grabbed both rings with your fingers.

Kaneki gasped and looked at what you were doing with wide eyes. "No, Y/n... Please... You don't know what your doing-"

Shaking your head, a tear slipped down your cheek as you ripped your engagement ring and wedding ring off of your finger, throwing them both onto the floor.

Kaneki stared at you in complete shock before glancing down at the rings.

He then looked at his own one, and you could see the tears forming in his eyes.

"If you loved me... You wouldn't of done that..." He whispered, his voice shaky with sadness.

Gulping, you asked, "Do you want to know why I did what I did?"

Kaneki looked into your eyes and nodded, eager to fine out why you did such a horrible thing.

"BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO BE MARRIED TO A SERIAL KILLER, OR A PERSON WHO CAN'T CONTROL THEIR OWN MIND, LET ALONE THEIR CARELESS ACTIONS! OUR CHILD WOULDN'T LIKE A FATHER LIKE THAT, WOULD THEY!?" You yelled, tears now staining your cheeks.

Unable to answer you, Kaneki just stared blankly at you as you sobbed in front of him.

"Investigator L/n...?"

-
i apologize for the small wait, i am a bit sick at the moment. 🤧

thank you for waiting, and i hope you enjoyed this chapter.

ooooo~ things are getting spicy, lol 👀

~Ken_Kaneki4.