40 » reunion

sorry about the wait :(
-

Eventually, you arrived at the counter to see Touka waiting for you with a smile on her face.

"Hey." She greeted and turned to you.

Placing your hands on the counter in front of you, you replied, "Hi."

"Are you ready?" She asked you.

"I am. Where are they? I haven't seen them around the shop." You wondered with an eyebrow raised.

Touka nodded and replied, "They were in a meeting in the other staff room."

"Why weren't you there?" You questioned.

"I'm the manager." Touka whispered.

Your eyes widened. "Yoshimura...? Where is he?"

"You really don't know what happened to him?" Touka whispered to you so people couldn't hear.

"No... I thought he was still the manager here. I was looking forward to seeing him." You replied sadly as your eyes drooped slightly.

Touka sighed before taking a deep breath. "He's dead, Y/n..."

"Dead?" You gasped, immediately looking up to look into Touka's purple eyes that held sadness. You could tell that she did indeed tell the truth to you.

"Yes... He's dead. He got killed by the CCG." She explained, looking at you.

"I made a mistake working for them." You sighed sadly.

"You did whatever you had to do in order to find Kaneki. We understand." Was what the ghoul behind the counter stated.

Nodding, you asked, "Shall we go and see everyone?"

Touka only nodded and gestured for you to follow her, and so, you did.

The two of you walked past the counter and through a door that lead to some small steps leading down.

"The room is down here." She informed as the both of you descended down the small set of steps.

Then, you came across a wooden door that had 'staff room' written on it.

Touka knocked gently on the door and that's when a gruff voice could be heard.

"Who is it?"

"Your boss, idiot." Touka snapped immediately.

"Oh, come in." The same person said in an instant, sounding a bit worried.

"Before I open the door, I have a visitor with me." Touka explained.

"A visitor?" The male voice questioned.

"Yes. Would you like to see?" Touka asked, placing her hand on the door handle, ready to open it.

"Yeah, sure." The same voice replied.

Taking a deep breath, you watched as Touka stepped inside followed by you who shut the door behind you.

You scanned the room with your eyes to see familiar people sat round a table, now looking at you.

As soon as they saw you, all of their eyes widened in realisation and utter shock.

"Hi everyone." You greeted, walking to the end of the long table, staring at each and every one of them with a small smile on your face.

"Y/n...?" They all breathed out at the same time. All of them were beyond shocked. After all, they didn't think for a second that you'd come back to :Re after joining the CCG.