36 » love

"I did mean it. Every word of it." Haise answered you in a happy tone, however, his facial expression says otherwise: he looked sad and guilty.

You had no idea what to say to him. The truth was, you loved him too, of course you loved him. You have for years, even if he was a different person. But in reality, he was still the same as Kaneki and nothing could change that.

"I know you may not feel the same way, and honestly, this isn't the best place to tell you, but... I love you, Y/n. And... I suppose I always have. I'm sure Kaneki did as well with all of his heart." Haise confessed, looking down at the bed as he was unable to meet your gaze. He was afraid of what you would think. Was it all too rushed?

Taking a deep breath, you closed your eyes and then opened them, now meeting his gaze as his grey eyes were covered with uncertainty.

"Haise..." You whispered, "I love you too. I always have. Kaneki or not, you are you and that's why I love you. You are just yourself and that's all I could ever ask for."

Haise looked absolutely delighted at what you just said as tears begun to fall down his cheeks. He was happy, he was delighted, he was over the moon. Despite Kaneki continuing to come back to haunt him again, he knew for sure that he would just be himself for you and stop trying to be someone he's not.

"I can't believe it." He sniffed, wiping his tears away from his cheeks with his sleeves. "You love me back? Are you absolutely sure?"

Smiling, you replied, "I am sure, Haise. I always have been."

Haise smiled at you and took your hands in his. It was then his eyes stopped on the engagement and wedding ring that you still kept on your finger.

"I kept them to remind me of him." You informed.

"They look lovely." Haise commented.

"Thank you." You answered.

"Y/n, I know this all may be confusing and I totally understand, but me and you will get through it together... Right?" The white and black haired male next to you asked, his eyes continuing to search for yours.

"Of course we will. Always." You replied.

"So... Would you... Be my..." You cut him off immediately, already knowing what he was about to say.

"Yes. Yes, yes, yes." You chucked, leaning over to hug him. He smiled in complete happiness and hugged you back. Haise had never really felt this happy. He may of as Kaneki, but he certainly didn't as Haise. He only focused on trying to be himself, but then Kaneki kept begging for him to accept him. Haise was about to give in, but you convinced him to be himself and so, that's what he did. Yes, Kaneki still may be apart of him, but he is Haise. Haise Sasaki. And he loves you, Y/n Y/l/n, that special Investigator he was supposed to work with for a case. A lot has happened since then, and the two of you couldn't be happier. You would continue to dodge any obstacles that came your way.

Haise Sasaki loved Y/n Y/l/n, and absolutely nothing could change that.

Y/n Y/l/n loved Haise Sasaki, and absolutely nothing could change that either.

In reality, they have loved eachother for years but kept on getting caught up in all of the confusion until they didn't know what was what. But that soon subsided until they talked to eachother and realised their true feelings for one another.

-
i was thinking about ending the book there but, tbh, that seemed like quite a crappy ending 😂

unfortunately, the end of this book is soon. sorry to tell you that.

i have absolutely loved writing this book, and will continue to do so whilst editing.

thank you so much if you have read this far and will continue to read, it makes me happy.

please, don't be a silent reader. comment and vote, i would love to see your opinions on this book.

again, thank you and see you in the next chapter.

(also, i know this was a shirt chapter, i just wanted to get it published so i could move on with the story.)