🌺thirty-seven🌺

It's been a few days, Daniel was sent straight into surgery after he flatlined that day. He gave birth to two beautiful twins, who were also still admitted to the hospital, having been pre mature. I wipe my eyes for the millionth time as I look at the beautiful boy, unconscious and connected to a bunch of machines. It was a waiting game, to see if he would ever wake up.

"Hey sweetie. We brought you something to drink." I glance up, seeing Daniels mom and Dad. My mom flys in tomorrow.

"Thanks." I say quietly.

"So twins? I thought we were only expecting one grand baby." I chuckle softly, looking at Daniel.

"We were. Neither of us knew. Daniel suspected awhile ago, but after the ultrasound came back with one little baby, he threw the possibility out of the window." I move the hair from his face, running my thumb over his cheek. A knock on the door causes me to look up, tears forming in my eyes as a doctor wheels in two cots, wailing babies inside.

"These two miss their mama. We figured placing them with him would calm them down." I nod, watching as they lay the infants in his arms. And as if on some weird crazy coincidence, he stirred.

——————————

I slowly open my eyes as I feel a pressure on my arms. I blink lazily before glancing down, a blue beanie and a pink beanie catching my eye. I smile softly, bringing the two bundled infants closer to me. Almost immediately they quiet down, glancing around curiously.

"Hey baby. How do you feel?" Corbyn asks quickly, his eyes drifting to the little girl in my arms.

"I'm okay. What happened?" I ask, watching as Corbyn lifted the little girl into his arms.

"Your heart stopped after this little one popped out. I guess when we said we wanted a surprise she took it too literally." He chuckles.

I hold the baby boy closer to my chest, glancing at him. He was looking around curiously, his little mouth opening and closing.

"Brighton Matthew Besson." Corbyn looks over, smiling softly.

"I think it's beautiful." I smile, glancing at the baby girl in his arms.

"Aften Marie Besson?" He asks, glancing at me. I nod, glancing back at my baby boy.

"You two are going to be wonderful parents." I look up, smiling at my mom.

"Thanks mama."

"Oh Mr. Seavey! You're awake! How are you feeling?" I glance up at the doctor, before looking at little Brighton.

"I'm wonderful. Better than I've ever been." I hum. The doctor soon has me fill out the birth certificates, and Corbyn the release papers.

Soon, Corbyn, my mom and I were leaving, two carseats in the blondes hands. He must have told the boys because there was two car seat holders in the car. I wasn't allowed to carry the car seats until I was better, which meant lots of laying down and baby cuddles.

On the drive there, I was sat in the middle between my two babies. I smile, glancing between them. They were incredibly tiny, both having special preemie car seat cushions so they weren't jostled when walking or driving. Little Aften was looking around curiously as Brighton slept.

I noticed we were parked at a small apartment complex, it being the same one Jack and Gabbie lived in. We slowly and carefully leave the car, Aften immediately getting fussy. Corbyn pauses and I quickly scoop her up, rocking her gently as she flailed her tiny arms.

"Princess what's wrong?" I mumble, gently rubbing her cheek. She stopped crying and tried to suckle on it, immediately giving me my answer. I blink though, glancing at Corbyn who was looking at me as we entered the elevator.

"Can you hand me her blanket?" He nods, handing it to me. I hesitate before covering the small infant and my shoulder, sliding my arm out of my shirt. She immediately latches on, and I blush. This wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world that's for sure.

I glance at Corbyn, the blonde staring at me fondly. The door opens and we all exit, walking down the hall to quite literally the apartment next to Jacks. Corbyn opens it and almost immediately people pop out and say congrats. I blush, watching as they look at both car seats in confusion.

"Wait, Daniel you had twins?" Gabbie gasps.

"Surprise?" Corbyn says sheepishly. Thankfully the only people here were the boys, Gabbie and my family. They were all cooing at the tiny infants, Aften having fallen asleep shortly after eating.

Both babies were asleep in the same cot, tiny cozy pajamas on them. People were asking to hold them but I had to explain what the doctor said to me. They were both very fragile and couldn't risk getting any germs. Soon people left, but not before Zach explained that he and Jonah were moving in next door so we could all be close yet have our space.

"So do you like it? Your mom decorated it and your family helped move everything in while you were passed out." Corbyn says, walking over to me once the last person left. I was on the couch, next to the cot they were sleeping in.

"I love it. It's beautiful. There's a crib in our room Yea?" He nods. I glance down at the small infants, smiling softly.

"You grab one and I'll grab the other?" He nods, reaching for Aften. I slowly scoop up Brighton, both of us walking into our room. We lay them down in the crib, the babies thankfully still asleep.

I turn around and look around the room, before walking towards the drawers on the other side of the room. I open them, smiling when I see our clothes. I steal one of his shirts and a fresh pair of boxers before changing... with the help of Corbyn of course. I was still extremely sore and achy from birthing not one but two babies. We lay down, Corbyn pulling me close to his body.

"I love you. You and our little ones." He says, placing a kiss on my head.

"We love you too." I hum, slowly closing my eyes. But they didn't stay closed for long as a wail cut through the air.

"I'll get it."

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

He cute cute.

(I have no idea what to write here any more gAh)
Actually I do. Is it just me or has Zach gone mia since he started dating Kay again? Like he's less active and if you've been watching the boys stories, all four of them are out exploring and having fun and he's nowhere to be seen. Which if I remember correctly happened last time they dated too. Please be smart about this Zach and dump her 🙄