Welcome to Aincrad.

Alice POV

"Wake up big sis!" I awake to my adorable little sister Selka, who always has a habit of jumping on me every morning. "Your NerveGear has arrived!" She cheerfully added.

"Wa...Wait seriously!?" I jumped up all excited. My parents keep me sheltered after a kidnapping accident I had as a child, so I wasn't very social with people. I walk downstairs to my mom, who held a package in her hand. "Yay! Thank you mom, your the best." She seemed to smile at my remark. "Just don't be up too late, and I love you sweety." She replied. "I won't."

I charged up the stairs, very excited to try out the NerveGear. As I plugged it in and followed the procedures of the face and body scan, I popped in the newest game ever released; Sword Art Online. As I lay on my bed with the NerveGear, I say a prayer and took a deep breath. "Link Start!"

Kirito POV

As I check my surroundings, I see that I am officially back, and my excitement level hit overdrive. "Hello world... I'm back." I said with a cocky grin. Right away I wanted to get a head start on my journey. Being a Beta Tester, I knew plenty about this floor; Floor 1: Town of Beginnings.

As I head out to the next town, I am suddenly stopped by a rather charming fellow with a red bandana. At first I paused, as I tend to avoid people for various reasons, but I then decided to turn and listen.

"Hey you there!"

"Me?"

"You seem to know quite a bit and you move like you have been here before.. I'm betting you were a Beta Tester. I started sweating a little cause I know first hand that many newcomers have it out for Beta Testers. So I took a deep breath and tried to keep conversation. "Y-Yeah." I quietly replied.

"Today is my first day here, and um..." He hesitated. "I'm begging ya, show me the basics please!" I was shocked at first, no one ever comes asking me much for help. "Oh yeah, my names Klein. It's nice to meet you.

"I'm Kirito, likewise." I responded soundly.

I then thought it over and decided to take him to the West Field on Floor 1, which had a few wild boars to train with. After coaching Klein, and also laughing at him groaning after getting hit in the crotch despite the fact you feel no pain. We trained for several hours and I was really impressed at how good he got. Then eventually it was getting really late, and Klein seemed to have this area cleared out. After a quick rest, we resumed our conversation.

Alice POV

After exploring the incredible areas until sunset, I decided to log out and tell my sister Selka about the amazing and wonderful time I had on my first day. As I go to log out, I noticed something odd. "Where is the log out button?" I thought. After a while, a random light enveloped me, and I found myself back at the center of the floor. As I look around, all the players randomly gathered, and were just as shocked as me. Soon an error screen appeared above us, and just like that, a large red cloak appeared in the shape of a man. The man later reveals himself as Akihiko Kayaba. Who goes on to tell us his plan.

After learning of this "death game" and conquering all 100 floors, I was starting to panic since this is was my first dive into the virtual world. After learning about the 13 players who had already died, and the fact that you will be killed in the real world upon removal of the NerveGear or dying in the game, I started to tear up as I thought about my family and my little sister.

After wrapping up his twisted speech, he gave us a free item in our inventory. "A mirror? What the hell is this for?" I muttered. Once again a light enveloped me and everyone else, and I noticed that everyone looked madly different. After looking in the mirror and seeing myself, I freaked out as the mirror vanished. Soon after Kayaba's disappearance, the entire floor went mad with terror and tried to escape. As I looked around and manuvered through the crowd, I saw a man with a red bandana and another boy who started running off after a brief goodbye. Something felt off about that boy, as he seemed to know his stuff, so I followed after him from a distance.

Kirito POV

"I will beat this game" I said as anger swelled within me. I reached out and grabbed Klein's arm. "Come on this way!" I shouted as we ran around a corner and into an alley.

"We are heading to the next village" I told him. "I know all the routes we shouldn't take, even as level 1 we can still make it. Klein came to a stop and I turned to look at him.

"Um... Kirito listen."

"What is it Klein?"

"See, me and my friends stayed up all night to buy this game, and I'm sure they are really scared and I... I don't want to leave them behind."

"Oh..." If it were only Klein then sure. But a larger group is something that worried me, and I looked down to think.

"Sorry, I can't hardly ask you for anything else can I? You really helped me a bunch, and it was a pleasure to meet you young Kirito." Klein said as he put a hand on my shoulder.

"Get going to the next village."

"Will you be okay?"

"Yeah, last game I played I ran a guild so I'll get bye."

"Alright, see you later Klein."

"Message me anytime you need me."

"Sure."

After saying our farewells and complementing each other on our true appearance, I decided to take off. With my determination, I will beat this game, and I will make it back to the real world.

**Hope you all enjoyed my first chapter. I know I skipped or rushed a lot, like Kayaba's speech and rushed the first chapter, however this is more of an introduction and later chapters will be a lot longer. Until I get my laptop in a few days, I can only write on mobile so uploading my take longer than most people. Anyway, lets continue on with SAO Season 1.