The Girl of Morning Dew

Floor 22

After the wedding, Kirito and Alice spent most of their time at home. They even asked Asuna for a vacation day to which she promptly agreed.

"Three weeks and a lot of fun." Kirito said while cuddling with Alice on their couch.

"Best time of my life." She replied.

"I think maybe it is time to hunt food." Kirito told her as he stood up.

"Leave that to me. You go collect more firewood." She added.

"Sure thing." He replied.

After sharing a kiss, they went out to do their chores. Kirito managed to get tons of wood with his sword skills, and Alice already collected a rather nice collection of food.

"Got the food-"

"Got the wood-"

They cut each other off as they looked away in awkwardness.

"I got the wood." Kirito broke the silence.

"And I got the food." She replied.

After setting the fire, Alice brought out the food which made Kirito drool.

"So Ki- I mean Kazuto?" She asked.

"What is it?" He said, scarfing the food.

"What should we do today?" She asked him.

"Well... Let's head out." He said.

"To where?" She questioned.

"Hmm...." Kirito thought.

"I know. Yes I know the perfect place." He finished.

"Alright, let's go." She told him.

Kirito and Alice went for a stroll, mostly talking and walking arm in arm. Alice then begged Kirito to carry her on his shoulders to which he refused at first but then gave in.

After heading deeper into the woods, Kirito decided to shock Alice with a story.

"We are here." He said with a creepy tone.

"Where?" She asked.

"This forest is haunted by ghosts." He said, keeping the creepy tone.

"Y-you mean mobs right?" She started to shake.

"No. Real ghosts. There is a story of a man looking for food in this forest, until he saw something small and white. Then in an instant, he disappeared without a trace."

As Kirito says this, Alice catches a glimpse of a little girl in a white dress behind him, which sends her over the edge and she freezes as she grabs Kirito's attention and hides behind him.

As Kirito looks on and notices the figure as well, he questions it until the figure passes out.

"That's not a monster!" Kirito shouted as he ran towards the figure.