Journey to the World Tree

"Flying is so amazing!" Alice shouted to herself as she spent a couple of hours getting use to the controls.

It has been a day in the real world since Kirito and Leafa left for the World Tree, but Alice spent her time not only preparing, but learning the flight controls. See, Alice may be good a fighting, but not so much as flying ironically since her landings were worse than Kirito's. Upon making her way to the World Tree herself, she managed to avoid an oncoming fire spell.

"The hell?" She thought, noticing several more just before landing to see what's up. She then wounded up among a good twenty Salamanders.

"Finally, we caught you." A Salamander spoke up, as the others surrounded her.

"What is the meaning of this?" Alice said in a slight threatening voice.

"Nothing personal babe, we just have orders to eradicate the Sylphs and the Cait Siths." The man replied. "Besides, we could use a beauty like you to have around." He added, causing Alice to feel sick.

"No thanks, I am already taken by someone. Besides, you couldn't begin to handle me." Alice smirked, causing the Salamanders to get irritated.

"We shall see about that!" The man yelled as four Salamanders charged at Alice.

Because of her SAO stats still remaining, Alice kept her broken sword strength and skill, meaning the Salamanders were sent flying upon contact with her sword, shocking the others. Alice then slashed her way through three of them, before cutting one's leg off and then dragging his face into the ground with her hands and then slashed him to bits. Alice was ruthless, seeing these bullies as her former crush and that made her show no mercy. After about ten minutes, Alice killed them all with only little damage taken.

"Holy crap, do I need a break." She thought, flying up to notice a small neutral village where she rented a room to log out and grab some food.

Alice awoke in her dark room as usual, checked her phone which was empty, and ate pizza she ordered earlier. Watching the news, she thought about texting Kazuto but then refused because of her realization. If Alice and Kazuto really only come together in the VR world, then the love they share in real life is a lie, and she couldn't take it.

Flashback;

Aincrad (SAO); Floor 61: Selmburg;

"Hey Kirito?" Alice called towards her companion and lover of two years as he stared off in a trance.

"Huh? Sorry, I was just doing some thinking." He said with a wry smile. Alice knew something was wrong, and she could kind of guess what it was.

"It's about us isn't it?" She asked him, to which he made a small nod.

"I truly want to believe this is real, but what if our love in the game is just that? Virtual..." He paused as Alice took his hand.

"Kirito I promise you, I will find you again in the real world, and fall in love with you again." Alice assured him. "If it turns out our love isn't real outside the virtual world, I would love you no different." She added, as they made their way to a meeting with Asuna and the Assault Team.

"You're amazing Alice, in everything you do." Kirito stated, as they shared a kiss before entering the meeting spot.

Flashback Ends;

"Yes, my love is real in this world, and I will show you that first hand Kazuto." Alice whispered to herself as she attached the AmuSphere rig onto herself once more and entered ALO.

Kirito and Leafa;

"Wow, seriously? That's pretty lame dude." Leafa commented as her and Kirito flew passed the big forest after leaving Swilvane.