Let's Storm the World Tree

"Good morning sleepy head." Kazuto called to a drooling Alice who woke up with a cute yawn. After noticing where she was, she got a little flustered and forgot she spent the night at Kazuto's house.

"O-oh um... Good morning Kazuto." Alice replied, turning away to hide her flushed face.

"Sugu made us breakfast before she went off to school, I have a bath ready for you just in case you need one." Kazuto said, opening his curtains.

"Thank you." Alice softly replied with a smile. As soon as she headed towards the bath, Kazuto began his research into ALO.

About an hour had passed since Alice emerged from the bath and ate her breakfast, but she was also worrying about Kazuto who is still researching relentlessly. Alice understood why, if it wasn't for Asuna then Kazuto may have never got the courage to propose to her.

"Sorry to worry you." Kazuto sat down on his couch. "I got some good info though." He added.

"Really?" Alice raised a brow.

"Yup, but I can't reveal my source unfortunately. Anyway, the time has come for us to meet up and rescue Asuna." Kazuto stated.

"I hope big sister is okay in there, I feel bad enjoying all this time when we should be using it to help her." Alice mentioned.

"Yeah, but I know Asuna must be doing her best to escape, and I believe in her." Kazuto replied with sheer confidence.

"Um, Kazuto?" Alice began to sit beside him.

"Hm?" He looks her way, which once again makes Alice flushed.

"Remember that time in Aincrad when we all had a sleep over? You told Klein something about data and how it can corrupt one's self. What did you mean by that?" Alice asked him.

"Ah, what I meant was that people in games can easily get corrupted by data depending on certain situations. The best example is Akihiko Kayaba in that regard, but people mostly blame the crimes they commit on video games." He stated.

"Like Laughing Coffin?" Alice questioned.

"Exactly, they got corrupted by VR data. I bet they never would have became criminals if it wasn't for SAO." Kazuto added. "But why did you want to know that?" He asked her.

"Oh, well... Because I was curious about the data for loving someone and if it can also change or corrupt someone." She replied with a small frown. Kazuto knew what she was asking.

"You would be right but you're not. I figured out our problems long ago." Kazuto blantly said, getting a reaction out of Alice.

"Then why have you never told me?" She asked him with a frown.

"You wouldn't like the answer, but I do know why our love is stronger in VR and it is not because of the danger level." He added.

"Then what is it? Why can't we fall in love?" She asked him, more curious then ever.

"It's because there is no need for it. We have been in love from the start, we just didn't know how to express what we already have." Kazuto smiled.

"But then..." Alice paused.

"Alice, think about the fun we just had recently. We have always been in love but just couldn't show it." He added, causing Alice to do some deep thinking.

"Wow." Alice whispered as all the flashbacks came flooding in her mind, all the buried feelings slowly returning.

"Feel better?" Kazuto asked while smiling, until he saw the tears coming from Alice's eyes.