The Real World Part One

Three months have passed since Kazuto Kirigaya and Alice Zuberg awoke from Sword Art Online, along with the other 6,147 players following the battle with Akihiko Kayaba. Kayaba supposedly commited suicide by frying his brain, but Kazuto believed he was still alive.

**Flashback

"My name is Kikuoka Seijirou, Investigator of the <<SAO Case Victims Rescue Force>> and member of the Ministry of Internal Affairs Communucations." The man said to a half dead Kazuto.

"S-SAO?" Kazuto stuttered before collapsing.

"Nurse!" Kikuoka called.

They returned Kazuto to his bed for interrogation. After several hours, Kazuto gave Kikuoka everything, and then Suguha walked in with her mother.

"Kazuto!" Suguha said as she hugged Kazuto to death.

"Hey Sugu." Kazuto returned the favor.

Several weeks later, Kazuto started rehab and helping out the Government alongside Kikuoka, and also trying to close the gap with his family. Sugu however, begun developing deep feelings for Kazuto after learning the truth and she also didn't feel family attachment to him, but instead more of a romantic one. About two months later, Kazuto learned that Alice lived overseas and they begun writing each other. It was mostly business and in fact, the love they shared didn't feel real since waking up.

Two days before the present, Alice managed to get a vaction in Japan, where they would meet for the first time.

**Flashback Ends

"Ha! Ha! Ha!" Sugu was doing her annual Kendo training, while simultaneously thinking about the revelation that her and Kazuto aren't brother and sister, but cousins instead. Sugu was slowly growing an unexplained attraction to him, and she gets overly embarrassed when he is around.

"Morning Sugu." Kazuto called, to which Sugu stumbled and choked on her food, Kazuto offered her a drink.

"M-M-Morning. Honestly if you were watching, you should've said something.

"Well you were just so into it, I didn't want to disturb you." Kazuto replied, only to then put an ice cube in her back when she faced away from him.

'Ahhhh!" She yelled. "You jerk. Anyway I wasn't really into it, it's just habit now." Sugu claimed. Kazuto lifted the bamboo sword and noticed how real and virtual truly were different.

"It's so light." Kazuto added.

"That's timber bamboo, so it's pretty heavy." Sugu replied.

"I guess it's not as heavy as I am used to." Kazuto swung the sword.

"What are you comparing it to Kazuto?" She asked.

"Let's see... Do you wanna go?" Kazuto offered.

"Go? You mean spar right?" Sugu asked.

"Yeah, we can even use protective gear so I won't hurt you." Kazuto smirked.

"Hurt me? I have been a quarterfinalist since middle school. Besides, are you sure? You haven't been out of rehab that long." Sugu replied.

"Don't worry about it." Kazuto shot back.

"Confident our we? Very well then." Sugu confronted. Her and Kazuto geared up to begin the duel, and she noticed Kazuto take an unusual stance, one-handed style.

"What kind of style is that?" She questioned.

"Don't worry about it." Kazuto shot back. The duel began and they seemed almost on equal footing, however Sugu managed to land the finishing blow with ease.