Awakening; Goodbye Aincrad

Floor 75

"Found you... Akihiko Kayaba!"

As everyone rested, Kirito stared directly at Heathcliff. Finally, Kirito learned the truth and it is now time to confront him. As he reached for his sword, he blitzed so fast into Heathcliff that no one realized until after the connection.

"Immortal Object?" Everyone questioned as Heathcliff became an immortal object.

"I knew it all along. I always wondered where he was hiding, how he is monitoring our every move, and how he always watched us. You truly are a genius aren't you... Akihiko Kayaba!" Kirito shouted.

"Kayaba?" Every questioned themselves again in shock.

"I'm impressed. When did you find out?" He asked.

"During our first duel. That stunt you pulled should have been impossible." Kirito replied.

"I should have known you would see through that. Duel Wielding is given to the player with the fastest reaction time, so I should have guessed you would see right throught it." He stated.

"As you claimed. I am Akihiko Kayaba, and if it is not clear already, I am the final boss on Floor 100." He finished.

As everyone took in all the shock, one man charged in at Heathcliff for his betrayal, only for Heathcliff to activate a large scale paralysis on all players except Kirito.

"So now what? Going to kill us all?" Kirito asked.

"Good heavens no, where would be the fun in that. I am just going to leave and await you all at the Ruby Palace on the top floor." He said.

"However, as a reward for learning the truth. How about a rematch right now? You and me, no cheats or hacks, a fair duel to the death. Defeat me and the game ends for everyone." He finished.

"...Sure." Kirito responded as he drew both swords.

"I will kill you for all the harm you brought with this game." Kirito finished.

"Hm!" Heathcliff smirked.

"Agil... You were a great man for helping the rookies up until the very end." Kirito looked to Agil.

"What?" Agil questioned.

"Yeah I know. You may drive a hard bargain, but you have been using all of that money to help the lower ranked players." He finished.

"Klein. You were my first friend. We had some good times together and I ain't afraid to call you my brother. I'm glad I met you." He looked to Klein.

"*Sniff* Just shut up Kirito! Don't you dare do this damnit!" Klein started to bawl.

"Asuna... Like a sister to me and Alice, you helped us through so much and I am highly grateful. You were honest and kind, and always looked out for me. I'm proud to have met you to." He turned to Asuna who cried as well.

"Kirito..." Alice whispered as she tore up in tears.

"Alice... Hey Heathcliff! Before we fight I have one condition!" He stated.