Prelude of Black & White

Floor 55: Granzam

After a murder mystery in the safe zone was cleared up, Alice and Kirito decided to go on an official date for once. However business always threatens to keep them apart. Two years have now passed and they still can't seem to fully understand what love is.

While Alice went out with Sachi, Kirito went to Asuna for advice and about their plan.

"So you want to know what love is?" Asuna asked him.

"Yeah... I never felt this way before honestly." He said with confusion.

"So in a way you two are not a 'couple' huh? You feel more so along the friends with benefits route?" She replied while sipping on some tea she made them.

"I guess that is one way of looking at it. When I kissed her I knew I rushed things, however we chose the lovers' path cause of me and we can't go back." He said while rubbing his head.

"Kirito.. If you want to know how real it is then just take her on a date, and I mean a real one without us." She told him.

"I don't know." He replied.

"Your adorable you know that." She laughed. "Just follow your heart Kirito and show her that it is real." She added.

"Yeah.. Thanks Asuna." He said as she smiled.

"Anyway about our plan?" She asked.

Kirito and Asuna have at times been sneaking off alone, but only because of a secret plan they have to clear Floor 100 when they get to it. Alice knows this and yet still wonders if Asuna may have a thing for Kirito.

"The plan should be full proof, it's whoever the Boss is that depicts it's succession." He said.

"True." She replied.

After a bit of time passed, Asuna went to talk to Commander Heathcliff while Kirito decided to take Alice on that date.

"A-A date?" Alice stumbled on her words.

"Yeah um.." Kirito started stuttering but caught himself. "I was wondering if it would be okay with you." He finished while blushing mad along with Alice.

"I'd love too." She replied with the brightest smile Kirito ever seen.

"Beautiful." He whispered.

"Huh?" She heard him.

"Oh nothing, just thinking." He replied shyly.

Kirito and Alice decided to plan the date two days from now, however before that, Alice pulled him into an alleyway.

"Kirito. Just what are you and Asuna planning?" She asked him curiously.

Kirito's eyes widened. He knew Alice suspected it but couldn't say nothing.

"Do you like her more than me?!" She asked more harshly.

"Wha- No no!" He replied in defense.

"Then what is it?!" She pressured.