Changes

Floor 55: Granzam

"Why would the Commander want to see us?" Alice asked Kirito as they made their way to the strongest guild's headquarters.

"I think it was truely me he sent for." He replied.

Kirito and Alice were on another date before he recieved a message from Asuna about meeting with Commander Heathcliff.

Upon arrival at the base, Alice was told to wait outside as Kirito was being lead in the building.

"It's been quite a while Kirito." Heathcliff blantly says with a smirk.

"It sure has Commander Heathcliff." Kirito blantly responded back.

"Rumors are you managed to defeat a Boss with a duel-wielding 50 hit combo." He said.

"It's true." Kirito blantly replied again.

Heathcliff stood up and made his way to Kirito. As the two stood over one another, the other ones in the room felt a large tense of pressure fill in.

"I want you to join the Knights of the Blood Oath Kirito." Heathcliff asked to which Kirito went limp.

"W-what? Why?" He responded harshly.

"You are quite a dangerous player. It would be trouble if you went rogue on us now." Heathcliff pressured.

"Sorry. But I tend to avoid guilds." Kirito looked on with confidence.

"Very well. We will just take you're girlfriend instead." Heathcliff threatened as Kirito got in his face.

"Touch her and I will kill you Commander." He threatened back.

"In that case how about this. If I win, you will join our guild like it or not." Heathcliff offered.

"Sure. But if I win then you step down from power and I will rule over the strongest guild." Kirito sharply said.

"I heard you were a savage at times. Very well. Tomorrow at noon you will meet me here." Heathcliff replied.

After the brief encounter, Kirito left the building to reunite with Alice. After seeing the anger in Kirito's eyes, Alice panicked.

"Why would you challenge him for me Kirito? At the very least I will have Asuna with me if I joined." Alice asked.

"I can't explain it but something about him rubs me the wrong way. Yet he has this familar aura about him." Kirito replied.

"Hmm. But wait, why not accept us both into the guild?" Alice questioned.

"Asuna told me on my way out that me and you together are a huge liability." He said.

"How?" She wondered.

"Think Alice. You're broken sword strength is you're own unique skill like duel-wielding is to me." He said.

"Hold on." Alice went through her stats until making a discovery.

"Oh gosh you're right." She said. "It's called 'Unmatched Strength' which is given to the strongest player in the game." She said.