Chapter Eight-If You Want The Rainbow You Gotta Put Up With The Rain

What annoys me is how some people take self harm as a joke. It's horrible. Horrible how people can describe their situation and people tell them to cut themselves. How people comment "keep starving yourself! I like skinny girls!" or "you're just asking for attention." Did you hear their story? And you still don't give any sympathy?

People take self harm as a joke. They don't respect people who do it. Honestly, I respect how brave those people are for holding on. For hiding their pain. Putting on a fake smile because they don't want anyone to worry about them.

Well guess what? It's not a joke. It's real. And the reason is themselves. Some people can't be pleased with themselves. Some have to strive for skinny when they're way past it. Some strive for an answer and have too many. But do you know how hard it is? How hard it is to hate yourself to the point where you're your own bully? When you're the victim and the murderer. Where you hate yourself so much that you hurt yourself as an escape. Please, please give self harmers respect. Because they feel worthless and they're so much more than that. They can't see how amazing they are. Please, just think before you speak.