Chapter Fifty one-Self Harm Isn't Something To Joke About

People don't take self harmers seriously. They don't realize how much pain they are in. In fact, they underestimate how much pain they are in. Don't you realize how upset someone must be to drag that blade across their skin? Don't you realize how miserable someone must be to lock themselves away somewhere and burn themselves? Don't you realize how sad someone must be to raise their hand in the air and slam it against their body, time and time again until they are covered in bruises?

No you don't. You shouldn't joke about things like that, you shouldn't overlook people who do that to themselves. In fact, you should help them. Don't disrespect those people, they are obviously in so much pain.

Don't tell them to do it. Don't say it doesn't mean anything. They do it as a release, for that moment they forget all their problems, everything, all they can focus on is inflicting the pain. It's terrible, it's saddening, it's scary. It's self harm.

Those two words, self harm, they're actually really powerful if you really go into it. They are so miserable that they turn to harming themselves to get away from it.

It's no joke. So don't treat it like one.