Chapter Eleven-Don't Let Trends Tell You You're Not Beautiful

You can never weigh beauty.

What is the true definition of perfection? Straight hair? Long eyelashes? Skinny? Straight teeth? Abs? Blue eyes? Clear skin? Tan? What? What is the true image of perfection? No one knows, yet everyone strives for it. Everyone wants to be perfect, but perfect doesn't exist in anybody. No one is perfect, so stop trying to be. Stop caking makeup on, and just be you.

Don't try to be "perfect" because clowns scare people, and makeup is overrated. Don't starve yourself, because perfection is too skinny. Perfection is over the limit, out of reach. No one can truly be perfect.

Sure we can strive for it, but what's the point? Being someone you're not, just so you can fit in. It's ridiculous. Personally, I'd rather be remembered than fit in. But just because perfection doesn't exist, doesn't mean that you're not perfectly imperfect. You were made for a reason, and I'm positive that that reason isn't so you can blend in. God made you how you are for a reason, because he made you perfect in his eyes. And wearing a pound of makeup, skimpy clothes, and a rotten personality isn't what he planned.

Can you live one day without makeup? What about a month? Can you put down the eyeliner and pick up some Chapstick? Replace foundation with smiles. Savor memories, not mascara. You're beautiful in every way, and you don't need makeup to prove it.