Chapter Twelve-You Don't Understand

You don't understand:

- Cutting unless you've cut before.

- Suicide unless you've attempted it.

- Depression unless you've felt it.

- Eating disorders unlesss you've had one.

- Me unless you've been through what I have been through.

Suicide isn't a joke. People don't commit suicide to end their lives. They don't. They don't want to imagine not waking up, not seeing their parents, not having lazy days, not seeing the sun rise or set, not laughing ever again, not existing. They want all of that. But they don't want the pain. They commit suicide for the pain.

To end it. Because their lives are a living hell, so why not just end it? Stop. Don't do it. Stop hating yourself and start loving yourself. Because you know what's hard? Loving someone who doesn't love themselves. It gets better.

Your life might be at a horrible part right now, I'm not saying that it will turn up right away but it will eventually. How do you know if it will get better if you just end it?

There won't be a bright side if you end your life in a dark place. Just breathe through the pain. It will go away. The worries, the blood, the memories, the guilt, the self hate, the pain. It will move on to its next victim, just stay strong so you can survive the worst killer: yourself. You are the only person that can truly destroy you.

You could be your own worst enemy. That doesn't mean you're not worth loving. You are loved, by your parents, your friends, your teachers, by me. I love you, all of you. Every last piece.