Chapter 38: Hardships

Hinata's P.O.V

I stood on the sidelines inside of the xray room in silence, the area around me pretty dark.

Naruto sat in front of a machine that shoned light, directly into his eyes, his blindfold rested on the lower part of his neck.

The doctor was slowly pulling the machine around to get a good look in the inside of his eyes, she occasionally nodding her head.

"Hmm.. Well that's, interesting." She said which made me jolt up, my feet taking me forward a bit, to get a closer look.

"What? What's the matter, doctor?" I asked, the room only filled with us. Ray went off to get Naruto something to eat, our doctor occupied at the moment.

She turned to me and grimaced, turning back to Naruto. "Psst, I need to speak with you." She said quietly, so Naruto won't hear her.

I nodded slowly, kinda worried and crept forward, she slowly rising up from her seat.
She walked up to me but when she did, she grabbed my arm and pulled me away from Naruto making me gasp.

We stood off to the side now, close to the exit, away fron Naruto

I stared at her in concern as she sighed, calming herself down for my sake. She ruvvef her hands, before speaking. "Um.. What exactly, is he?" She out right and said which frightened me.

I stared at her in confusion, my eyes narrowing on her. "Wh-What are you talking about? What did you see?" I asked frantically, a little scared of what her answer may be.

Her eyes wandered off for a bit and she sighed, shaking her head, she taking a minute to calm herself down.

It didn't take long for her to calm down fully, she clearing her throat and speaking, once more. "I-I-I mean.. His eyes, looked like its trying to fix themselves.. Or something. They look so, abnormal. They look like their slowly, healing. But when I took a closer look my world went blank for a moment. That, never happened before." She whispered out, completely astonished.

I bit my lip at her as she continued to rant, my mind going back to Naruto's powers.

Is it true?

Is, his eyes more powerful than we think? I never knew they could heal like that but..

That's amazing..

He may still have his powers after all. Now, I have to somehow tell her that. Cause right now, she's totally freaking out.

I looked up at her and saw her sweating in fear, her hand waving constantly at her face.

I smiled softly and grabbed her shoulders, her eyes flashing up to me. I smiled once more, to reassure her which did the trick.

She smiled, too.. "It's okay, doctor. He just, has a very rare condition with his eyes. I'll just tell you more about it later. But, did you see what needs to be fixed?" I asked curiously on which she nodded, my hands retreating from her shoulders.

"Oh, yes. His vision of course and, his lenses. They're very torn up and that, can be very dangerous. If we don't fix those fast then.. He'll end up, blind." She whispered once more in all seriousness making me gulp, my head nodding.

"Okay.. It sounds like it's still, bad." I whispered out in concern, thinking back to Naruto. The doctor before mr let a sigh, she nodding her head, agreeing

"Yeah it is, hun. But luckily I got in touch with some more fellow doctors.  So after this, it's operation time. She announced with a huge smile which made my whole body run hot with extreme warmth, my heart skipping several beats.