Epilogue: Away With The Storm

⚠(Warning: Longest Chapter Of Bound Ever Written, Also An Emotional Rollercoaster)⚠

Enjoy! 🥰

-6 months later -
Naruto's P.O.V

It was one, gloomy day.

Rain poured all around us as we stood in black before my now, dead cousin.

I held a big black umbrella before Hinata and Noah, my hands pulling them close. Hinata whimpered loudly at the sight of Menma and decided to bury her head into my chest, my own blue eyes saddened.

Ray, Leo and Stefan all held an umbrella just like I did. Ray protecting Ino and Tsuande from the rain, Stefan protecting Kureani and Leo protecting Eddie from the rain, we all looking at the open casket of our former rival.

I put all of our differences aside and decided to come to his funeral.

Deep down inside.. I still love him. I don't like, to see him this way.

Blank..

Lack of movement..

Just, gone..

It pains me greatly.

It hurts my heart and soul and it makes me want to break down into tears but I won't...

Not in front of my family..

And definitely not in front of the Shinigani.

Yes, they were here at the funeral. Menma's their former boss after all.

The pastor stood before us as we just mourn for Menma, Hinata holding me close.

I knew she felt guilty but..

She shouldn't be.

I demanded her to put Menma this way.. It isn't her fault..

It's mine..

I started this and I allowed someone else, finish it. Putting the burden on their shoulders instead..

My eyes started to water just like everyone else's, Noah's hand held in mines.

He turned and looked up at me and frowned. "I-Is that.. your cousin, dad? The one you used to talk about?" He asked innocently which made my eyes widen a bit, his blue eyes studying my pained face.

I cleared my throat and gripped Hinata's waist tighter, which made my hand tighten on Noah's hand. His eyebrows furrowed at that which made me sigh.

"Yes bud... That's him."

I whispered out which made Hinata turn to me, her hand coming up to cup my cheek.

She bit her lip as she eyed the tear that slid down my cheek, both of them witnessing it.

With her thumb, she wiped it away which made my eyes close shut, my ears picking up the heavy thumping of the rain on the umbrella I held up in my right hand.

I opened my eyes again and eyed her creep closer, her lips soon planting themselves onto mines.

She pecked at them softly which brought me extreme warmth inside, my own lips moving upon hers.

At that, Noah turned back around, a huge blush present on his cheeks.

Ray and Ino turned to us and sighed sadly, turning back to the pastor who began, to speak..