XXV {twenty five}

top is my main homie autumn findin out whats happened to the loml

mgc

When I wake up, my head is achy and my bones hurt. I suddenly realize where I am and panic. The nurse beside my bed looks startled and starts whispering things I can barely hear.
"Will you speak up?" I croak.

I raise my eyebrows in wonder to why she's not actually speaking. She puts her hand over her heart with a shocked expression, and fast walks out of the room. I gawk at her just leaving like that. The docter comes in a few minutes after with a clip board in his hand.

"Hello, Mr. Clifford. I'm Doctor Nicoles."

I wave slightly back at him. "What's going on?" I ask.

He sighs and stands next to my hospital bed. "A nurse just went to inform your mother that you're awake."

"So, you don't know why you're here, son?" He asks, writing down something on his clipboard.

"No. That's why I asked."

"You were in a very unfortunate accident last night."

I furrow my eye brows at him again. "Let's wait for your mother." He sighs.

I wait a minute or so, before my mum comes rushing in through the door. I smile at her and she starts crying.

"Mrs. Clifford, would you like to explain to your son what the police had discovered last night?"

My mother wipes her tears and sniffles before nodding. "Honey..." She starts crying again. "The police found you last night in a garbage can." I stare at both Dr. Nicoles and my mum in shock and confusion.

She keeps going. "They found you, and you were passed out, obviously. They found you because a girl had called 911 about an attack in that ally next to the club you were at, and she thought her attacker had shot you after you tried to save her."

I start to slowly remember things about last night. I do remember coming outside to get fresh air, and I can vaguely remember a man but I don't remember falling into a trashcan. "So, why am I here?"

"That," Dr. Nicoles gestures toward me. "is why I wanted to speak to you with your mother here."

I nod my head. Dr. Nicoles continues. "The police had found that the man had pushed you into the garbage can. He then was going to shoot the girl, but he had shot the garbage can you were in."

"So, I was shot?" I raise my voice, looking for wounds on my body.

"No, son. No." Dr. Nicoles answers.

"Then, what?" I ask harshly.

My mum is crying so hard by now, she's shaking. Dr. Nicoles ushers her to sit down in the plastic chair next to my hospital bed. He takes a deep breath and turns to face me again. "Your hearing is lessened, since the gun shot echoed and damaged your hearing."

I scoff. "So, everything will be a little quieter?"

"Well, you'll potentially lose most, or all, of your hearing." Once he says this, my mum's sobs are the loudest thing in the room.

"I'll be deaf?!" I shriek.

"It's highly possible." Dr. Nicoles states.

I'll be deaf in just a matter of time. How could this even happen? This is ridiculous. "How long?" I ask.

The doctor looks confused. "How long do I have, until I go deaf?"

"It depends. It could be a slow and painful six months to a year, or it could suddenly happen next week."