{twenty six}

(lil Mikey at the top) pretend that's him w/out the dude carrying his stuff but he's leaving the hospital in his sweats AWH PCE !!!

also the song swallowed in the sea by Coldplay reminds me so much of this story

am

Michael is able to leave today. They had to keep him here at the hospital over night just to run a few tests and prescribe him a few medications. I've been here the entire time with Karen. I had called Luke, Cal and Ash, telling them a little about what had happened. I didn't tell them exactly, or what's happening to Michael; I thought he should tell them.
They all wanted to come visit him, being as worried as they are, but the hospital won't allow that many visitors for some reason. I'm starting to believe that Michael had asked them to tell me that, so his friends didn't have to see him this way.

I'm still laying on Michael's hospital bed with him next to me. (He won't really let me get up any way.) He's playing with my necklace at the moment. I'm still wearing the pendant that he had bought me at the art fair we went to a while back. Michael's obsessed with it. I tell him this, he giggles and tells me that he's not obsessed with the necklace, but with me. That night after I had found out that my father was dead, I found my necklace on the floor near the fireplace. I must've thrown it, but I'm glad I found it.
"I love you." I smile.

He smiles and pulls my chin up with his hand and kisses me. "And I love you."

Since the moment I got here, I could tell that Michael is upset. He clearly has a reason to be. I can tell he wants to break down and cry, but I also know that he's being strong for Karen and I. With everything that's been going on, I can't believe how strong he really is. His father had called a few days ago, asking if he could fly from Australia for Michael's birthday. I'm not sure what michael had told him. His birthday is coming soon, I can't believe he'll be nineteen.

Throughout all of these things in our lives, Michael still seems to worry about me, even though he should be focusing on himself. I can't help but admire the way he carries himself through these hard situations. He is so tough, strong, but still the sweetest thing. He's loving and caring and the perfect man for me. Michael's going to be graduating soon, and we haven't discussed what will happen then. I'm not sure why I'm worrying about this now, but I need to remind myself to somehow bring up the topic in the next few weeks. I will maybe have a year, or less, of high school left before I'll graduate. I'm just terrified that Michael and I will part and lose each other. I'm also worried about how he'll react to losing his hearing. Michael is so stubborn and he usually gives up on himself quickly. I don't want it to be the same case when it comes to this. I'd really wish that this wasn't happening to Michael right now, since everything was slowly falling into place. Of course I'll be here with Michael through it all, but I'm not sure if he'll accept the situation, or the fact that he'll most likely need my help.

When Dr. Nicole's comes back into Michael's room, he tells us the good things and bad about this whole thing, and how we'll be working with Michael throughout his years. We'll come in for screenings and things like that, but honestly, it kind of seems like we're on our own for the most part for this thing. Michael is discharged from the hospital at 3:15 in the afternoon.

When we arrive to Michael's house, he's still drugged up. He so out of it, I feel bad. I tell Karen to sleep, since she's been awake for two days or so. I take Michael to bed, laying him down on his mattress and tucking him in. He whines a lot, complains and mumbles. I know that he's going to be enduring so much pain soon, or now even. Especially emotional pain. The doctor had told me outside from Michael's room that Karen and i should take classes to help Michael get through, and he may even go to support groups. I almost laughed in his face. Michael really wouldn't go to that type of thing.