Chapter 29

Chapter 29
The deal

After having lunch, Aharon ordered me to go rest in my room to which I replied with a glare but he also barked a very loud, "now," so to avoid further damage to my ears, I complied.

Besides, for the plan to work, Aharon and I need to at least put our differences aside and be civil to each other so acting like a sweet puppy seemed to be the most reasonable thing to do.

That was five hours ago and now, I'm knocking on his office door.

"Come in," he yells from inside the room and his questioning eyes stay on me when I enter.
"You must really enjoy my company dressmaker, you're always finding ways to be around me," he says with boredom and looks down at his computer screen.

How delusional is he? He brought me here after I ran away, which was little proof that I didn't want to be anywhere near him.

I clear my throat and ignore him though, I have better things to do and talk about than his vanity.

"I have a deal for you," I blurt out and walk towards his desk, hands clasped in front of me.

"Look above your head dressmaker," He glances up. "it's my roof. What makes you think you're in a position to make deals?"
If I could, I would take his picture and put it next to the word, 'predictible' in the dictionary.
I knew he would say something like that so I prepared the dialogue in advance.

"Because what I have to offer works in your favour more than it does in mine."
That's honestly debatable, it all depends on your perspective.

"Hmm," he hums with disinterest. "And why so generous then?"

I pull out a chair to sit down when he doesn't offer.

"I never said it'll only be in your favour, I just said it will benefit you more," I explain and after a loud click on the keyboard, he finally looks at me and rubs his hands together.

"This better be important because I'm giving you my time dressmaker, and it's precious."

"So.., what if I told that there are people of your own who are trying to take you down?"
He stares at me then chortles before finally laughing out loud like I said the funniest or stupidest thing ever in history.

"A human girl walks into my office and tells me my people are trying to take me down. How hilarious!" He shakes his head.
"Stop wasting my time dressmaker, I have work to do, so leave."

"I'm going to leave, I don't particularly enjoy talking to you either but sometimes we're forced to do things we don't want to."
To hell with civil, Aharon is a wild animal which can never work well with anyone.

"It may amuse you but in case you haven't realised, your power comes from fear not respect Aharon and now that some people have stepped up, I can't help but wonder for how long the remaining will be afraid of you." I know I'm treading on thin ice but when his face stays expressionless I keep talking.
"Right now, you have no friends and I'm the closest thing you have to that because I'm the only one willing to be honest with you;
They hate you, we all do," I clarify and his face falls.

Did he think he was Santa around here? Loved by all?

"You know if you're telling the truth I can just torture it out of you right?" He looks back down and I swallow before straightening my back, faking bravery.

"Oh, you could... but I don't think you will. What if my body just can't handle it and I die?
Or, what if one of those people who want to take you down just lets me out? I know for sure that I wouldn't even hesitate to run then and don't tell me about guards because ninety percent of your people want you to step down," I lie because Lin said it was about half.
"Or even better for you, you put me in whichever room it is that you torture people and someone finishes the job for you. Guess who doesn't have an incubator then?"
No matter how casual I act about it, I don't really want to die and as much as I hate to admit it, I think the fact that people are afraid of him is the only thing keeping me alive right now.