Chapter 21

Chapter 21
His manners

Shawn above

"So, is this a cult or something of that sort?" I question Shawn before taking a fry in my mouth.

He chuckles. "A cult? No. So Lalan told you nothing at all about who we are?" His eyes once again examine our faces, like he's trying to read us.

Nope, Lalan actually told us every single thing but we're just dense people who also enjoy listening to the same thing over and over again because it's not at all annoying Shawn. Give us two minutes and we'll come back to ask you this question again.

That's the first answer that crosses my mind but I decide to be nice and shake my head instead. "No, she didn't. Last night she left after welcoming us and someone called Samantha showed us to our rooms."

I was the first to say that he's cute but this guy is asking all the wrong questions.

"Well, I'm sorry but I can't answer that either. If she didn't tell you she must have a reason." He says apologetically and lowers his face to take a sip of his drink again.

"So, basically we were brought here just so we could eat, sleep and be told that there are secrets about us that we shouldn't know?" Rosaline asks with raised eyebrows and I'm tempted to say, "yup, That's exactly it." But, the matron taught me better so I  take a bite of my cheese burger and look at Shawn for an answer.

He chuckles again and burps quietly, at least he has his mouth covered. "Excuse me." He says and takes a napkin to wipe his mouth.
"At least you asked a question I can finally answer. No, we do a lot of training here. The girl you met earlier, Irene is the best we've got in martial arts and unfortunately or fortunately for you guys, she'll be the one training you.
It all depends on how you want to look at it." Matilda frowns and from the corner of my eye I can see Rosaline roll her eyes before stabbing a fork into her food.

"After having enough skills can we kill her?" She jokes and gets another chuckle from our new friend, a smile from Matilda, a raised eyebrow from me because I remember what she once did to Swardiantalina and she also gets Sola's gasp followed by "love!".

"Don't you worry, I'm just messing with you." I swear this smile is fake, you can't put anything past Rosaline.

"So, does this happen all the time? People are brought here and left to fend for themselves?"
Another question leaves my mouth.
Who brings people to their house, welcomes them at the gate and then leaves them hanging without showing them around or talking to them?